Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Food Stamps for fast food ? Agree or disagree?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 23>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:20pm

my company (with funding from the government) did a multi-year study on SNAP

I looked at some of the data but I have no idea what the outcome was

let me do some digging

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jun 16 2014 at 12:22pm
Sponsored Links

Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Pretty much all fast food places (burger king, mcd's, jack in the crack, etc.) as well as those fast casual restaurants and grocery stores accept EBT here in cali. They accept both regular cash assistance (welfare) and SNAP assistance (food stamps).

There are lots of barriers to getting and cooking your own food. People who need SNAP are more likely to be living in places that don't have any appliances, like a motel room, or may be homeless. Many are physically unable to prepare their own food. And many just don't have the skills to grocery shop intelligently or to cook.

But to me it's not about policing people's food choices. It's about using the limited dollars we have wisely, and promoting the best possible choices we can. Fast food is certainly not the answer.

I understand your view.
But, isn't that putting more limits and penalties on disadvantaged people?
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:22pm
Im against policing the poor however I dont see a need for this .
I agree with MaySay's points ...

I'm conflicted as to why they added this

Edited by jonesable - Jun 16 2014 at 12:24pm
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:22pm
Killing them slowly, are we? 
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:25pm
Against for hot foods
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:26pm
i wouldn't  assume the majority are always eating fast food...

and anyway, personally, i have issues with the so called cheap "healthy" shyt they sell in the grocery store...so meh.
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:26pm
Heart attack central, no they should get discounts at health food joints.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

i wouldn't  assume the majority are always eating fast food...

and anyway, personally, i have issues with the so called cheap "healthy" shyt they sell in the grocery store...so meh.
Gurrl lol . Healthy choice is awful  . Dead
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:29pm
There will always be limits. There's a limited amount of money available and a limited amount of care that society has for people in this position.

Not allowing SNAP funds to be used for fast food is no more a penalty than not allowing it to be used for alcohol or dog food.

There are alternatives that don't have the negative consequences for health, the budget, and the long-term success of the program.

I'd much rather allow use of SNAP funds to buy a home-bound or motel bound person a rice cooker or a crockpot that they can cook a whole meal in for years than using it on a fast food value meal that feeds them for an evening.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:31pm

basically the study said that the benefits helped the lower income families eat more fruits, vegetables, whole grains and dairy and drank fewer sugary beverages

so the program was doing what it was supposed to

sorry, this may not be relevant to this thread at all lol
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures