Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Food Stamps for fast food ? Agree or disagree?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 21>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:02pm
all valid points maysay that I agree with ... especially subsidizing companies that thrive on under paying workers

- if you have two jobs and kiss to pick up, time might not always be in your side. 
- they may not have jobs that have fridges and breakrooms

Yes proper planning, cooking meals ahead of time, etc do save time 

Sponsored Links

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:04pm
little Caesars won a lawsuit on EBT they did so well that all other pizza places had to drop their prices
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:06pm
Hmmm. I don't know how I feel about this. I'm not familiar with Jack in the box but it sounds like a greasy burger joint. I believe that most folk getting FS are able to cook. But I do know that there are some people who are homeless or old and aren't able to cook. But burgers and fries isn't good for anyone's health. I would rather a place like chipotle accepted benefits. Atleast you can get some fresh veggies. This is just going to add to the obesity in america. And that fast food crap is expensive. If you eat it often you will probably blow through all of your fs quickly. 

I can't stand feeding my kids that crap. If I know that we are going to be out all day I bring sandwiches, fruit, bottled water from the house. It saves money and its healthier.
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:07pm
They are allowed to withdraw money off the card. So adding fast food places to the list accepting EBT is not suprising
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:08pm
I wonder if Mcdonalds excepts stamps or will join . I think some people will abuse the system . I notice a lot of parents with a cart full of steaks and food items for adults that are blessed with stamps . White folks live in the deli and organic section using stamps .
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:08pm
Not sure why I should be concern with what someone chooses to eat??
Food stamp recipients can eat bad foods purchased from grocery stores. I see no reason to limit their choices, it's food-let them eat what they choose.

Not everyone can cook for themselves.

Edited by Katrenia - Jun 16 2014 at 12:09pm
iliveforbhm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:09pm
Well why not let the grease and fat get to their arteries.
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:13pm
This reminds me of the thread about whether or not the government should control what you can and can't buy (junkfoods) with food stamps.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Brjasuga51 Brjasuga51 wrote:

They are allowed to withdraw money off the card. So adding fast food places to the list accepting EBT is not suprising
Stamps use to be seperate . I think that system works better to make sure the rent was paid . I wish they would give our family a few stamps. India would have her own Fridge . Now that i think about it , her items take up most of the space . I know we spend at least 100 bucks a week on my daughter food and snacks . I cook most days . My hubby loves leftovers thank God . 
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:17pm
Pretty much all fast food places (burger king, mcd's, jack in the crack, etc.) as well as those fast casual restaurants and grocery stores accept EBT here in cali. They accept both regular cash assistance (welfare) and SNAP assistance (food stamps).

There are lots of barriers to getting and cooking your own food. People who need SNAP are more likely to be living in places that don't have any appliances, like a motel room, or may be homeless. Many are physically unable to prepare their own food. And many just don't have the skills to grocery shop intelligently or to cook.

But to me it's not about policing people's food choices. It's about using the limited dollars we have wisely, and promoting the best possible choices we can. Fast food is certainly not the answer.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 21>
  Share Topic