Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Food Stamps for fast food ? Agree or disagree?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Food Stamps for fast food ? Agree or disagree?
    Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 11:37am
Newsprint logo

Food stamps for fast food: 48 local Jack in the Box locations accepting EBT

• Posted on June 13, 2014 at 8:28 PM

SAN ANTONIO -- The rumors are true. Forty-eight Jack in the Box locations around San Antonio are now accepting food-assistance payments for their fast-food meals.

Throughout the week, many locals noticed advertisements promoting the new payment option. Some took photos and posted them on social media.

According to a spokesperson for the franchise, the restaurant chain is in the process of rolling out technology that would allow all of its San Antonio locations to accept Lonestar, EBT, Cash Aid and TANF cards.

The following is a statement released to KENS 5 by the restaurant chain:

"This is a great program for those customers who need financial assistance to help them feed their families, especially for some seniors and those who cannot cook for themselves."

Sponsored Links

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 11:45am
Don't like it for several reasons...

-subsidizing many companies who create the need for the SNAP program in the first place
-contributes over time to health care issues that end up being an expensive drain on our government, not to mention the effects on the individuals themselves
-reinforces the idea that it's somehow impossible/expensive to cook for yourself and eat in a healthy manner (even in so called "food deserts")
-it's not limited to food/necessities (which is a problem in general with SNAP)
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 11:48am
I don't agree. Just because you're on gvmt assistance shouldn't mean it should be wasted on fastfood. Healthy choices is what I agree on.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 11:49am
I see no problem with seniors . Many have transportation problems . Now i know why so many FF open close to low income neighborhoods . I hope the parents continue to purchase Healthy food for the children at least 5 days a week .

Edited by india100 - Jun 16 2014 at 11:51am
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 11:52am
Oh and just in case anyone needs this for themselves or others...

Here's a link to the FREE cookbook created by an NYU grad student for people living on SNAP (or a 4$/day budget).
http://www.leannebrown.ca/cookbooks/

There's also a kickstarter to help pay for printed versions of the books. But the pdf is free. Lots of good cheap recipes.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 11:53am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

I don't agree. Just because you're on gvmt assistance shouldn't mean it should be wasted on fastfood. Healthy choices is what I agree on.
Right . I think once a month would be ok as a treat . I was shock to learn people can use a card at strip clubs . smh
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 11:56am
I need to invest in Jack in the Box and any other ff that accepts EBT asap....
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 11:59am
I am surprised, but only because here in NJ, it is not permissible to purchase prepared food (the hot buffet at the grocery store). In the past, you were able to buy steam crab legs, etc from the grocery store and the fish market, but that ended 1-2 yrs ago, so Im surprised that ff is permitted.
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:01pm
The government would rather give them easy access to foods that will kill them than healthier alternatives because they're seen as expendable anyway. Providing a slow death to the poor makes our "health" care system richer.

So no. I don't like it.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:02pm
I use to love the old jack in the box when I was a kid.

Anyways, I'm here for this thread.Big smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>