Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

food shopping

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 11:49pm
Trader Joe's but they don't have a big variety. I am a terrible cook, I pretty much eat the same stuff daily, so although I want to go to another market such as Albertsons or Ralphs, I don't really know what to buy!
Sponsored Links

thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 12:18am
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

Originally posted by thewonderfulwa thewonderfulwa wrote:

food falls from the sky and tap dances its way into my kitchen window

LOL
does music play while it dances in? LOLLOL

It don't mean a thing if ain't got that swing
hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 12:31am
They just opened a trader joes here, im so excited!
aNgElIc*SoUl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aNgElIc*SoUl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 12:59am
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

where do you guys go? I do a few: Fry's, Fresh and easy, Sprouts, and Trader Joe's I also sometimes do a food co-op

I have yet to see a Trader Joe's in Az, where is it? Which one is the cheapest out of Sprouts, Whole Goods, or Fresh and Easy? Food City is ghetto to me, Fry's and Walmart is decent. I prefer Safeway, I know it's a bit more expensive but it's always so clean and peaceful lol. I go to Costco sometimes.
aNgElIc*SoUl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aNgElIc*SoUl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 1:01am
I like Albertson's too, it's just like Safeway.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 1:35am
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Trader Joe's but they don't have a big variety. I am a terrible cook, I pretty much eat the same stuff daily, so although I want to go to another market such as Albertsons or Ralphs, I don't really know what to buy!

You're on the westside right? You should go to Ralphs. Make sure you get the rewards card. Then you get a bunch of discounts plus they will send you coupons in the mail based on what you buy. I just got a coupon for 12$ off if I spend 100$. And you can use your rewards points at Shell.

There should be one of the recently remodeled/expanded Ralphs near you. They have so much variety. What do you generally like to eat?

I don't like to cook myself so a lot of what I buy is easy stuff. I'll get sliced meat/cheese from the deli, rotisserie chicken (can be used to easily make tacos, sloppy joes, and stuff like that), precut vegetables, fruit, sandwich stuff, that kind of thing.

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 1:58am
its still called albertsons where you guys are at…? 
i remember hella years ago when luckys and albertsons got married (there was a commercial..) all the luckys went away.. but then i guess they broke up cus the albertsons went back to Luckys… i havent seen an albertsons in forever. 

but yea to answer the question.. my tops are whole foods, farmers markets, and probably raleys.. 
luckys, safeway, target, and trader joes get honorable mentions just cus theyre the closest to me so i go there sometimes but i prefer the others. safeway is cool too though. 

i adore whole foods but its like 35 mins away.. and farmers markets are only a few times a week. Traders is nice but not too many options. dont care for luckys and i really dont care for foodmax, foodsco, or winco.. 

there are literally 3 safeways though.. the same distance in different directions.. about a 10 minute drive. how dumb is that..? i dont understand why the wont build a whole foods over here.. there is a huge market for it. and there are two raleys nearby… 

Edited by coconess - Jun 29 2014 at 2:02am
morenaloca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 5:37am
trader joes, whole foods, piazza's, rainbow co-op, farmers markets
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 6:36am
aldi's
Costco
whole foods
meijers
occasionally jewels

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Jun 29 2014 at 6:37am
Findingmyme View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Findingmyme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 7:06am
Trader Joes, it keeps me from buying junk and unnecessary impulse items.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic