Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Flu Shots/ Vaccinations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2013 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

There are a few ways to get around getting vaccinated with professions that require them...

I think it's unfair for employers to make vaccines mandatory...

Life isn't fair.  As a health professional we have to get hepatitis vaccines, tuberculosis screenings, TDAP and such...its part of the price for being around sick individuals whose immune systems are already compromised.  I'm protected against their diseases so it works both ways.

Sure I could refuse the flu shot and wear a mask during the flu months, but since they don't bother me and its free, I take the  shot and get the kids shots too.
Sponsored Links

oh_so_moody View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oh_so_moody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2013 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Well, the hospital admin said if any staff didn't get one they would have to wear a mask 24/7. 

Basically... I don't have a choice or else I'd have sit in litigation conference calls with a mask LOL
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2013 at 9:36pm
well.. i guess if there was a mandate for people to jump off high cliffs every year due to over population, i can see folks doing it w/o hesitation - because it's a mandate.Ouch

The weird part is this:  i work in hospitals/clinics all over the country.  "High End" clinics/hospital do not make this a mandate.  Specifically the "for profit" hospitals. 

Is this because the poorer hospitals don't want to spend extra money on their personnel? when they are "naturally" sick? doesn't a younger individual already has a natural immune response to certain viruses? 

It's certainly not a mandate with Physicians and "Higher Ups" in the hospital hierarchy depending on location.

Pretty much the "Mid Level" and "Below" from what i've seen on signs behind the scenes in certain locations. (is this because physicians have a choice and the "lower level" workers don't"

Where i am working now?  it is not a requirement at all. The personnel have a choice as to whether they wish to be inoculated.

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Oct 13 2013 at 9:54pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2013 at 9:44pm
The real question is:

Who is profiting from these "Mandates" in hospitals?

I'm very sure that the hospitals that are "campaigning" for these pharmaceutical companies - are getting a HUGE kick back for 100% (Mid-level and below), participation.

A kickback that the employees will never know about behind the scenes. 

The more hospitals participate?  Guess who's rolling in the profits..that's right, friends and neighbors, the good 'ole pharmaceutical companies.  "Mandates are a billion dollar industry in itself"..

working at religious based hospitals (catholic, seventh day adventist, church of the latter day saints, jehovah's witness, etc.) in many locations has given traveling independent contractors a choice in the matter.

Thus, contractors are able to see a much bigger picture regarding the medical experience. (unfortunately)..Ouch

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Oct 13 2013 at 9:46pm
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2013 at 9:48pm
reading is incredibly fundamental 
Addicted19034 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addicted19034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2013 at 10:03pm
All I know is I got the fly shot earlier this year because my job required it and literally one or two weeks later I was out with the worst flu I have very had. Lasted over a week
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2013 at 10:05pm
I aint had the flu in 15 years.....and even then it wasnt that bad....
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2013 at 10:09pm
I have to get a flu shot before I can begin volunteering again at this health clinic. I can't recall if I've ever had one.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2013 at 10:16pm
well, if you do?

make sure you're not allergic to eggs? Not sure if they've improved their ingredients?

One nurse i befriended told me of her friend that died.  He was an ICU nurse, and at the time?  the pharmaceutical companies made the "mandate" - the early 90's i think.  He took the flu shot drove home. A couple of hours later - he was brought back in DOA to their trauma center.. he had an anaphylactic reaction to the shot while driving home.  Head on collision.

And.. of course... the hospital was "deeply sorry for this tragic accident".. they sent the family, a card, their condolences.....

and NEXT!!!

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2013 at 12:48am
Well I am getting it because I deal with the filthy public who rather cough all over me like a fcking five year old.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>