BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Floyd and Nicki Minaj shading Iggy?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 12:36pm
Well as a blk woman, i'm offended that simple-a$$ raps by a yht woman should be considered the best in the women's hip hop/rap genre.

I thought that some of ya'll here would be offended too.  As for Nicki, I think she should be offended.  Wouldn't you be?

Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 12:38pm
No I wouldn't, not if I was making the same simple-ass raps Confused
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 12:42pm
dat wig doe?  Dead  ok..lemme go listen...
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Ds2nice Ds2nice wrote:

Well as a blk woman, i'm offended that simple-a$$ raps by a yht woman should be considered the best in the women's hip hop/rap genre.

I thought that some of ya'll here would be offended too.  As for Nicki, I think she should be offended.  Wouldn't you be?

they both suck
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 12:50pm
Lol ^ Exactly.. im sure yall seen basic bishes fight and ur just sitting there like yall basically the same bish..lol

I'm more offended that such mediocre talent is considered the best...i mean Charlie Baltimore? I feel like she was at home and was surprised by her own nomination. Hell throw them thugtastic chicks from Chicago in the mix. ..
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 12:57pm
Most of mainstream rap is basic as all hell. I'm mainly listening because I think the beat is hot. It serves it's purpose while I'm working out, getting ready to party etc.

So nah, it doesn't offend me that a white chic is just following the trend and what's making money.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:04pm
Nicki's first album was good.
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:10pm
Folks stan for Iggy because she recycled Gwen Stefani's "Banana's" song with a "Glamorous" by Fergie vibe. Brings back memories. 

I would be insulted. Nicki is better than Iggy. Iggy is yet another culture vulture of the same likes as Miley and Justin Beiber only less talented. She's literally just....there. "Bounce" is awful. Nicki is not that bad.

And she came for Nicki first. I don't even like Nicki like that, but Iggy was considered the new face of hip hop by some mag. THAT is an insult. She has done nothing. She lip synced a song not worthy of needing to be lip synced but randomly shaded Nicki over the same sheit. At least when NIcki actin a fool it's a character. Iggy is trying to be something she's not. Gwen, Fergie, Robin, all are white and have and can transition to "black" music without trying or coming across as a Malibu's Most Wanted character when they are performing. Even Justin Beiber is not as phony. Her faking an ebonic accent is extra. Her trying to be a rapper is extra. 

She would be acceptable in the "miscellaneous" category with KeSha. 

2014 was the year of nu ni88as and nu wi88as and I'm through with it all. 

Edited by OhMyCurlz - Jun 30 2014 at 1:11pm
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Nicki's first album was good.

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:17pm
Not even gonna waste my breath defending some who makes ignorant music period. What do Black women gain by being concerned with Nicki Minaj's legacy and success? This is why the state of Black music currently fails

Waste your energy on quality and authenticity
Some of yall will take up for anything, as long as it comes in a Black package
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair