Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Florida woman arrested after buying allergy meds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Florida woman arrested after buying allergy meds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Florida woman arrested after buying allergy meds
    Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 4:03pm

Florida woman arrested after buying allergy medicine

Two boxes of Sudafed caused a woman 15 months of personal hardship.

Posted on July 28, 2014 by Site Staff in News

(Source: ParentingPatch)

By MARIMER MATOS 

TALLAHASSEE (CN) - Florida sheriff's officers falsely arrested and imprisoned a woman with allergies for buying two boxes of Sudafed at a drug store, she claims in Federal Court.
     Mickey Lynn Goodson claims she bought the two boxes of the over-the-counter drug because the pharmacist recommended it. She sued Gadsden County Sheriff Morris Young and the two officers who arrested her, Rodney Moore and William Buckhalt.
     Charges of possession of a controlled substance were eventually dropped, Goodson says in the July 18 complaint.
     In July 2010, Goodson says, she went to a Winn-Dixie store to get Sudafed "because she has allergy flare-ups." Sudafed contains pseudoephedrine, which can be used as a precursor chemical in some recipes for methamphetamines.
     "The pharmacist on duty suggested that plaintiff buy two boxes of Sudafed and she did," the complaint states.
     "Almost immediately," defendant Officer Moore drove up in an unmarked police car, Goodson says. Moore blocked her and her husband's car, prevented them from leaving, and asked if she had just bought Sudafed. She said she had. Moore then took the Sudafed and told the Goodsons they had to wait for more officers to arrive, detaining them against their will, they say in the complaint.
     Defendant Buckhalt arrived, with other deputies, and searched the Goodsons' car. They were taken to a sheriff's station, where Buckhalt asked if he could search their home. The Goodson said no, "unless there was a search warrant. Buckhalt then said, 'Oh, I'll get a search warrant,'" according to the complaint.
     After being held for two to three hours, Goodson says, she left the Sheriff's office.
     She was arrested and handcuffed on her front porch, by a deputy who asked her, "What have you gotten rid of?" Goodson says.
     She replied, "I don't know what you are talking about," but was taken back to the county jail and booked in, charged with possession of a controlled substance.
     "Plaintiff was arrested on her front porch after Buckhalt obtained a search warrant on false and misleading statements and evidence," the complaint states. "Later, when an Order Granting Motion to Suppress was entered suppressing all evidence received pursuant to the search warrant, the Judge stated that 'had the magistrate been aware of the omission [of critical evidence and facts in the documents signed by Buckhalt to obtain the search warrant] he would not have found sufficient probable cause for issuance of a warrant." (Brackets in complaint.)
     All charges against her were dropped on Sept. 7, 2011 - 15 months after she was arrested.
     Goodson seeks punitive damages for false arrest, false imprisonment, Fourth Amendment violations and negligence.
     She is represented by Marie Mattox, of Tallahassee. 

http://www.courthousenews.com/2014/07/23/69739.htm

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/mickey-goodson/

Sponsored Links

Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 4:52pm
*Throws hands up in the air*  Yup, my dreams of moving to Florida will remain unfulfilled.
TexturizedDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TexturizedDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 5:02pm
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 5:07pm
I gotta start looking on the bright side of these things. At least she wasn't shot.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 5:07pm
When I bought ZyrtecD over counter, they asked for my DLic and wrote down my name w/ the #. She said it was because they tracked who bought certain drugs and how often. I didn't like that.

Edited by PurplePhase - Jul 29 2014 at 5:08pm
phattrabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote phattrabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 5:14pm
Florida be trying it!!..My sister lives there. She said she is moving after she rolled up to her kids' school and they were scanning the students' irises. When she inquired what the hell they were doing, they told her they did not need to get parental permission nor notify the parents of what they were doing because it was for security purposes in case they need to "locate" a child. TF?? She said all the funny sh*t starts in FL and then trickles out to other states.
bg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 5:22pm
Wow.

i understand the 'meth' epidemic (i can go on and on comparing the government's reaction to meth vs. crack, but that's another story)

Bottom line...they doing too much...but eh, its Florida...
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by phattrabbit phattrabbit wrote:

Florida be trying it!!..My sister lives there. She said she is moving after she rolled up to her kids' school and they were scanning the students' irises. When she inquired what the hell they were doing, they told her they did not need to get parental permission nor notify the parents of what they were doing because it was for security purposes in case they need to "locate" a child. TF?? She said all the funny sh*t starts in FL and then trickles out to other states.

damnOuch

http://rt.com/usa/school-scan-iris-students-023/
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 5:28pm
White folks and drug heads stay messing things up . I need to show my ID to purchase allergy meds . I can't take the scripts . I only glance at the op . I hope she sued and won . Walgreens is awful . I switch to CVS or purchase at the hospital pharmacy . I doubt too many blacks are on whatever they call that mess that can kill you without consumption ,but the police want to bust people for personal weed smoking? SMH
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 5:33pm
Smh
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>