Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Flipping the Bird to the Judge gets you 30 days...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Flipping the Bird to the Judge gets you 30 days...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 15 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Iowabred&fed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iowabred&fed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 10:21am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

She was in court, not on a playground. What about that environment screams playtime? She has no respect and she will not take accountability for her actions while she's sitting there for 30 days bc she's clearly stupid.

She deserves every bit of the consequence. Cry me a river, beech.

^This. She was completely patronizing and disrespectful.
Sponsored Links

nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 10:25am
saying that is the purpose of bond alone...
is like saying the purpose of prison alone is rehabilitation
and its absolutely not.

He is in a position of power- and is due respect.
I have no problem w/ agreeing to disagree.. but saying that ppl who dont agree w/ your contention are missing the point-- is crazy to me.

If there was an abust of power-- I'm sure somenone would have thought to have his actions checked.
but he was well within his power as judge to do so.
you do not disrespect the court that you are in..or the judge.
Ive seen people fined, held in contempt, and jailed for much less..
and each time those judges were within their rights and power to do so.

don't want to be jailed for being disrespectful...dont be disrespectful. 
its easy.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 10:33am
They didn't sound American to me.
Do American laws apply world wide?
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

How is it taking up for the other person to say the judge was excessive? The judge is held to a higher standard because of his perceived intellect, judgment, and character. He shouldn't be doubling someone's bond for "back talking." I feel like some of you guys are missing the issue. Clearly the girl is an idiot, but the judge appears to be on a power trip. I hope he is not re-elected. Believe it or not, 2 people can be wrong...at the same damn time.

No its not that at all.. he allowed her the first time she acted stupid to correct herself, and told her no apologies but when she continued to play you're in contempt.. THE JUDGE is referred to as the court b/c they represent the law, the truth and JUSTICE aside of them being a judge too, you cannot make a mockery of the judicial system, its not just about a power trip.. if you can't get serious about being in jail, then there's no serious time for you.. 

he didn't even come off that way IMO and i've seen plenty of Judges that power trip on a daily basis, but this wasn't it.. He might hold her in longer to teach her a lessen, but its the price you pay for BEING a criminal in the first place.. b/c crime is expensive.. that's how what the system is all about, letting you know this is not some where you want to be and not to enjoy your time spent.. he will not allow her to do the 30 days and HE can reduce her bond but not before her lessen is learned. he said he would review it.. ITS NOT ABUSE. 

you see there's another jump suit behind her, girl ain't nobody got time for that chit when you're doing CALENDARS of folks all day long.. you running thru that calendar doing MANY CASES and finishing your work..THAT'S WORK.. and here her silly ass come playing HELL TO THE NAW.. i done had folks locked up waiting to go in a hearing and acting a fool b/c we working, we have a whole calendar of FOOLS coming so we suppose go all out and put up with one fool.. NO that ain't gonna happen, she is one person that thinks she got jokes and obviously we have nothing else to do all day but play with her..she's lucky that's all she got, no child..  ( say we b/c i'm at work in court and dealing with fools)

Edited by sexibeach - Feb 07 2013 at 1:00pm
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

saying that is the purpose of bond alone...
is like saying the purpose of prison alone is rehabilitation
and its absolutely not.

He is in a position of power- and is due respect.
I have no problem w/ agreeing to disagree.. but saying that ppl who dont agree w/ your contention are missing the point-- is crazy to me.

If there was an abust of power-- I'm sure somenone would have thought to have his actions checked.
but he was well within his power as judge to do so.
you do not disrespect the court that you are in..or the judge.
Ive seen people fined, held in contempt, and jailed for much less..
and each time those judges were within their rights and power to do so.

don't want to be jailed for being disrespectful...dont be disrespectful. 
its easy.

Rehabilitation is one of the purposes of jail, and I never said the only purpose of bond is to ensure the defendant shows up for court, but that is the main purpose. The purpose of bond certainly is not to illicit respect. I never said disagreeing said you missed the point. I did say that suggesting that the judge abused his power does not justify the actions of the defendant. That point was misstated serval times in this thread, hence my saying the point was missed.
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 1:02pm
But I see your points Sexi and NYC. Judges should be respected. If she was a repeat offender, I would see why the judge would want to "rehabilitate" her in this manner. I don't know the full context of this judge's actions, so perhaps I judged too quickly.
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 1:24pm
Cosign NYC and Sexi Heart
she deserved what she got
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 1:30pm

How is it taking up for the other person to say the judge was excessive? The judge is held to a higher standard because of his perceived intellect, judgment, and character. He shouldn't be doubling someone's bond for "back talking." I feel like some of you guys are missing the issue. Clearly the girl is an idiot, but the judge appears to be on a power trip. I hope he is not re-elected. Believe it or not, 2 people can be wrong...at the same damn time.

i've read cases where individuals are thrown into court for speaking out of turn after a judge has warned them.....soooo your postulation is incorrect
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 1:49pm
@ lima.. i didnt say you said that. 
I made an analogy.LOL

as for him trying to rehabilitate her.. I doubt that was his aim. shrug

another very important aim for jail is Restitution. and I think thats exactly what the judge was doing with this idiot.

she committed a wrong act (disrespecting the court/judge)  in addition to whatever else she did to wind up in that tacky jumpsuit... and he did something to punish her.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

i've read cases where individuals are thrown into court for speaking out of turn after a judge has warned them.....soooo your postulation is incorrect

someone i work w/ was fined 5000 for the same.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
  Share Topic