FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Flint

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2016 at 5:57pm

Inmates and staff at two Michigan prisons — Pugsley Correctional Facility and Oaks Correctional Facility — were able to gather nearly 30,000 bottles of water during a 30 day contest to see who could collect the most for students dealing with the ongoing water crisis in Flint.

What’s more? Inmates, who can make $1.17 a day or $.26 an hour according to Gauthier, were also able to donate about $600 to the cause – despite their small pay.

Loving this story on so many levels. Love to see GOOD coming from a desperate situation. Love to see the humanity exposed that runs so deep in these prisons. Love to see those with nothing, giving whatever they can.
Sponsored Links

DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2016 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

the contaminated water issue is spreading... now it is at newark schools.

they found contaminated water in Horsham,PA saying its from the Willow Grove Naval Base....we have a well and get it tested every year...we live out in the sticks..woods, cows, u name it and down the road is a sewer treatment facility...hopefully we are safe..our water just has that sulfuric smell when first turned on..Let it run and the smell goes away..
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2016 at 6:39pm
now if every celebrity did this giving water to the needy instead of beefing on the internet, your life would be so much better...smh...look at how the prisoners are even helping out and the amount they only make compared to celebrities who make millions upon millions..smdh...
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2016 at 6:49pm
You know?

But it always goes like that.  If I had a nickel for every time I side-eyed a celeb asking me to donate money to a charity...

I AM the charity!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2016 at 8:44pm
^^^ don;t u hate that ish?  especially those 'charity tv shows"...I and millions of others made u rich..just give my 1/8 of what made u rich to  this charity you're hosting and call it a day...bye!

exactly...I AM the Charity...good one and so very very true..
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2016 at 11:44pm
it is infuriating that people in Flint still do not have access to clean water. clean fvcking water!
this is supposedly the most powerful country in the world - but people can't get clean water?
they are doing some kind of twisted tuskegee experiment on those people. i bet money they are. this was not a mistake.

this shyt was planted.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2016 at 1:31am
I feel like "they" waiting for them people to dead.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2016 at 5:14am
They want them to leave. Much like they want the blk ppl in detroit out. The gov took over public schools and put a team on it and bam..all of sudden theres talks that all detroit public schools would be forced to close at the end of apr. ( a bailout was given.

Homes are being torn down and not replaced. Instead we have ppl from china and owners of nba teams buying up land and building lofts out of the price point of those who were there. Oh ya white ppl are moving back.

So yes they wont fix those pipes. A private developer might once they clear folks out
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2016 at 5:37am
first world in 2016!
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2016 at 4:40pm
3 more deaths in Flint today . Now Hundreds of Detroit Schools test positive for Lead . This is genocide on our people . I went to flint when all this evil began . I have family in Flint that can't move . Most are Elderly or College students . I can't wait for our next PTA meeting . My little girl is not in Detroit School Systems, but you never know . I want the district to test our water . I never drink water in my Home from the faucet. Too much Chlorine . I want another test . Today several more States found high levels of lead in children schools drinking water . The NAACP needs to step up the pressure .

Toledo, Ohio — Responding to the crisis in Flint, Michigan, school officials across the country are testing classroom sinks and cafeteria faucets for lead, trying to uncover any concealed problems and to reassure anxious parents.

Just a fraction of schools and day care centers nationwide are required to check for lead because most receive their water from municipal systems that test at other locations. State and federal lawmakers have called for wider testing.

Among schools and day care centers operating their own water systems, Environmental Protection Agency data analyzed by The Associated Press showed that 278 violated federal lead levels at some point during the past three years. Roughly a third of those had lead levels that were at least double the federal limit.

In almost all cases, the problems can be traced to aging buildings with lead pipes, older drinking fountains and water fixtures that have parts made with lead.

Riverside Elementary in the northern Wisconsin town of Ringle has lead pipes buried in its concrete foundation that used to leach into the tap water before a filtration system was installed. Replacing the pipes, which were installed when the school was built in the 1970s, is not an option.

“For the cost of that, you might as well build a new school,” said Jack Stoskopf, an assistant superintendent.

Instead, he said, school officials decided to rip out the drinking fountains more than a decade ago and buy bottled water for students, costing about $1,000 a month.

Buying bottled water for drinking has been the routine at Ava Head Start in Ava, Missouri, even before lead levels spiked after the preschool moved into a new building in 2010.

But it was not until February, after another round of high test results, that state regulators told the preschool to use bottled water for cooking and cleaning the toothbrushes for the 59 children, ages 3 and 4.

“The cost is not an option,” said Sandra Porter, Ava’s cook and water operator. “We’re just doing what we have to.”

Edited by india100 - Apr 11 2016 at 5:17pm
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
  Share Topic