Perfect Hair Collection

Topic ClosedFlexi Rods

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Ashley Monique View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flexi Rods
    Posted: Feb 17 2007 at 3:11pm

I do my own hair and I am always looking for something new.  I am interested in the flexi rods and have even bought some, but I am sort of unsure anout how to use them.  I think I have an idea but I would just like some reassurance.  I hope you guys can help. Thanks!Smile

Sponsored Links

emih19 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2007 at 3:21pm
,i got it from http://journals.fotki.com/daydreaminyoli/Stylehowto/

September 15, 2005

I’ve composed a little question/answer on how I flexirod my hair based upon some of the responses I’ve given to others. Hopefully this can help you if you decide to perform this style.

Q. Can I use flexi rods on wet or dry hair?

A. Personally, I flexi rod hair that is wet. You can do it on dry hair as long as you saturate it with some type of setting lotion.

Q. What products should I use?

A. The products that I use are Lottabody setting solution mixed with a little Suave hairspray (the one that comes in the spray bottle). I started mixing the setting solution as opposed to spraying your hair afterwards with hairspray so that the curls can hold longer and not leave a flaky residue. I’ve also discovered that Motions setting lotion a works really well. It detangles and adds sheen to the curls which leaves gorgeous results!

Q. How do I roll the hair around the rod?

A. This style is fairly easy to do and it’s amazing how well the hair sticks on to the rod. If your ends are the type that unravel quickly, I recommend wrapping your ends around first, and then twist a little more hair around your ends to secure them so they won’t unravel, and then begin rolling in a spiral motion until you reach your scalp. In order to hold down my new growth I tend to twist the flexi rod around one more time to make sure it’s taut enough. Finally, I bend the end of the flexi rod to secure that section of hair.

Q. Which is better, air-drying or sitting under a hooded dryer?

A. When drying your hair you can do a mixture of hooded drying and air-drying! I believe you should always sit under a dryer for sometime because it speeds up the drying process. If you plan to air dry, allow yourself enough time for your roots and the hair on the flexi rods to dry!

Q. How do I maintain this style?

A. From my experience with wearing curly sets, sleeping with a scarf just flattens the style; however, it works for others. Before I go to bed I simply clip the curls up with duckbill clips, spray on some oil sheen, and call it a night. In the morning all I have to do is take down the clips and fluff out the curls again --- they’ve still stayed intact during the night!

Q. What happens if some of my curls flatten?

A. You can reset a curl if it looses that tight curly look. Just make sure when you do, you don’t spray the rest of your curls with the setting solution that you use because they’ll go limp as well.

Ashley Monique View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2007 at 3:27pm
Thanks!
Strands View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2007 at 2:48am
I just mastered the flexy rods and I LOOOVE THEM!  I was roller impaired and I couldn't roll my hair to save my life.  But the flexy rods were so easy!

The only tips I can add are:

Use end papers
You'll probably need more rods than you think you will
Remember to bend the top of the rod in the same direction you rolled your hair in
When the curls go flat a little...you can always pin it up or mist with water for a wash and go look

And off topic:  You sound like me...I love styling my hair too!  I can't WAIT til you get a Fotki!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply