Flat ironing wet hair with aluminum foil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18192021>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
DarkBrown View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2011 at 6:49am
might try when i take my braids out
Sponsored Links

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2011 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by GoatGoatEtc. GoatGoatEtc. wrote:

***I just got this and am testing it out***

I got a Babyliss
Pro TT Tourmaline Titanium Steam Straightener in the mail at $42 w/ shipping from Amazon the other day--Amazon decided to be a Sausage btw and jump the price up of this iron up to $47.
( - ___ -) Btw, did you know Conair owns Babyliss? Yet they still pump out disappointing Conair products? lol
 Has small barely there teeth that raise on three small levels, it's ionic and has tourmaline plates--plus Ryron coating for keeping the heat down on the exterior so I can touch it while the plates are hot. 

Comes with a second, water cartridge, heat mat (woulda prefered a heat pouch n mat in one), and useless DVD advertising it-vid is already on youtube.

But I loaded it up and did a few strands and it's really good! I haven't hit the the real kinks in back but I'm waiting till later in the morning as I'm tired. But steam seems like the answer to straightening without hair death for us naturals--unless like me, you go over a strand more than twice with this thing and f*ck some stands making combing retarded. My pieces felt great  but then I decided to put them all together under the iron over and over and noticed roughness--because I'm dumb, lol.

More in awhile.
Now I will buy this iron. I haven't brought an flat iron in 5 years. But that foil mess is damaging on a long term basis.
Bahiyieh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bahiyieh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2011 at 1:41am
hey ladies, 

just be careful!! I'm not saying that this method is bad for your hair but it is heat, heat is heat at the end of the day. if you hair is getting super straight its because the heats with foil is amplifying the heat to your hair follicles..I am only saying be careful bc from my experience, just because your hair feels great, doesn't mean what your doing to it is great. 
I'm not trolling (still don't know what that means...) I just would hate to see all your hard work gone down the drain. the end...don't comment if you're offended. 
just pls be careful!
happy growing!

Edited by Bahiyieh - Aug 01 2011 at 1:42am
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2011 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Bahiyieh Bahiyieh wrote:

hey ladies, 

just be careful!! I'm not saying that this method is bad for your hair but it is heat, heat is heat at the end of the day. if you hair is getting super straight its because the heats with foil is amplifying the heat to your hair follicles..I am only saying be careful bc from my experience, just because your hair feels great, doesn't mean what your doing to it is great. 
I'm not trolling (still don't know what that means...) I just would hate to see all your hard work gone down the drain. the end...don't comment if you're offended. 
just pls be careful!
happy growing!
I agree I dont think your trolling...at first I wanted 2 try it but, im just wayyy tooo scared but then at the same time I feel like im missing out. Oh wells Tongue
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2011 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Bahiyieh Bahiyieh wrote:

hey ladies, 

just pls be careful!
happy growing!

Just an ugly name someone made up and others continue to repeat. They call you that whenever you disagree with what they say, like they own a particular forum or post. This site is here for people to read or participate and add comments. Individual members do not own forums or posts. So when you see that term just ignore it and continue to state your opinion. This is how we all learn.
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2011 at 11:14am
A troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
oatsnhoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oatsnhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2011 at 5:34pm
Ya'll had me terrified to try this. I only tried it on one section of hair. Nothing happened, my hair reverted right back. I was too afraid to do my whole head since I've come so far on my hair journey. Curious minds, curious mind always gets the best of me. lol. 
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2015 at 1:27am
sounds interesting... i may try on my bangs
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2015 at 2:15pm
I tried it yesterday.... I was really scared of burning up my house or being electrocuted lol
anyways, i did my bangs and didn't really see much difference than using the flat iron with or without the aluminum foil...

i was using my flat iron on its lowest setting though

i will try again
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2015 at 5:09pm
Bump . Admin please clear the spammers . TIA
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18192021>
  Share Topic