Extensions Plus

Flat ironing wet hair with aluminum foil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 21>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Fabbiejay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabbiejay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flat ironing wet hair with aluminum foil
    Posted: Jul 05 2009 at 10:35pm
ok, my mom was in the drs office and saw this article about putting aluminum foil on your flat iron to press WET HAIR......Yeah, she tried itLOL.

The article said the wash hair, apply conditioner, rinse with cold water and blot  hair, DO NOT DRY COMPLETELY.... you wrap the foil around the flat iron and flat iron as normal....my mom tried it on her relaxed hair first....It was so silky and soft...the hair dried instantly...

Next she tried it on my neice all natural thick hair....It worked a miracle on her head.Shocked..it was soft, shiny, and really easy to comb thru....all she did different with her hair is add a little lot a body setting lotion...like I said before, the hair dried INSTANTLY....

Sorry no before and after pics. I didn't have my camera...I currently have cornrows but will take out in a week and try this method...

Has anyone else ever heard of this or tried...What results did you have?
Sponsored Links

beauty1216 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beauty1216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2009 at 10:04am
I've never heard of it, but it sounds interesting. I'm curious if other people have tried it as well.
Fabbiejay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabbiejay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2009 at 11:55am

I hope someone else has tried it too, I will personally try it myself this weekend when i take down my braids. I am 22 weeks past my last relaxer so we will see how it goes.

I will post before and afterpics
Lady_Q_Tee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady_Q_Tee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2009 at 7:24pm
Interesting .. was going to say we need a gueine(sp lmao) pig .. but chickas volunteered!! Clap
Fabbiejay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabbiejay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2009 at 11:03pm
ok, I like you chickridaApprove, go for it girl, and yes the hair dries as you flat iron it. just make sure it is towel dried. let us know how it goes
Fabbiejay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabbiejay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2009 at 10:48pm
Clapyay, I am happy for you, thats great. I will def. try this weekend...yeah my mom said she had to put the foil on extra tight to get it to stay....any one else wanta' try...lol
chicleta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicleta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2009 at 11:36am
Wow I'm going to try this soon.
PrinceszTori View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrinceszTori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2009 at 11:38am
i think im going to try this when i have a lot of ng
Lady_Q_Tee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady_Q_Tee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2009 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by ChickRida ChickRida wrote:

omg this actually worked!  i didn't do my whole head, i got lazy, but i did like 1/4 of it, starting at the back of my hair and it got bone straight!  i can see doing this all over to keep extra heat off from blow drying first and then flat ironing...i got lazy, but i will say, it did get my hair straight and dry!  it was hard to keep the foil in place too, that got aggravating lol

Intresting, Im definatley going to try this when i next flat iorn my leave out ... Did you use heat protectant aswell still?
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2009 at 7:43pm
wow thats so weird. anyone wanna post pics when they actually do it?
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 21>
  Share Topic