FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFlat Ironing this Winter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
vida View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 9:03pm
I wear my hair flat ironed during the majority of the winter I always make sure to wash and DC my hair really good prior to blow drying, I also make sure to use a good heat protectant before applying heat..as far as protein and moisture are concered I just pay attention to my hairs needs (my hair gets everything it needs on wash days, no product is added to my hair after its flat ironed) 

Sponsored Links

Scarletphoenix View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2013 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Louel Louel wrote:

I had to come back to this topic to share my new insights. With my last flat ironing session at the end of last month, my hair turned in to split end mania. I used the search and destroy method to fix the problem, but I did come to the realization that my hair can't handle heat once a month after all.. 
I'm now planning to leave the flat iron alone till June or so. I might still flat iron a few times this year, but I want to grow my hair to tailbone length this year so I can't do it too often. I find that while flat ironing I just have to dust more often. When I dont flat iron I dont even dust more than once a year. 

Conclusion: the flat iron hasnt altered my curl pattern so far, but it did deteriorate the quality of my ends.

This is what my hair looked like after my last flat ironing session

This is what my hair looked like 2 weeks later (no touch ups)

This is what my hair looked like after I washed it again (curls still in tact)

ShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked so gorgeous!
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic