FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Flat Ironing Routine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 30>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ayedeeosmeeo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ayedeeosmeeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2007 at 5:30pm
Socialite, I had the same revelation about 3 weeks ago. I've been pressing then flat ironing my hair for 4 years until I bought a Sedu flat iron and Lottabody. Those two products are God-sends! The Sedu is ridiculously expensive but it's worth every penny. And being a product minimalist (I can't do stiff hair) the Lottabody really gives your hair that fluffy look. I'm definitely gonna toss out my pressing comb stove (yes, I'm old-school). Good riddance! I used to dread  doing my hair, but now I can actually get my hair done in a reasonable amount of time. I recommend those two products to anyone who wants to waste less time on their hair routine.

By the way, if you do use Lottabody,  please follow the mixing directions. If you don't your hair will be CRISPY and BRITTLE.

Edited by Ayedeeosmeeo - Jul 24 2007 at 5:43pm
Sponsored Links

socialite101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote socialite101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2007 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Ayedeeosmeeo Ayedeeosmeeo wrote:

Socialite, I had the same revelation about 3 weeks ago. I've been pressing then flat ironing my hair for 4 years until I bought a Sedu flat iron and Lottabody. Those two products are God-sends! The Sedu is ridiculously expensive but it's worth every penny. And being a product minimalist (I can't do stiff hair) the Lottabody really gives your hair that fluffy look. I'm definitely gonna toss out my pressing comb stove (yes, I'm old-school). Good riddance! I used to dread  doing my hair, but now I can actually get my hair done in a reasonable amount of time. I recommend those two products to anyone who wants to waste less time on their hair routine.

By the way, if you do use Lottabody,  please follow the mixing directions. If you don't your hair will be CRISPY and BRITTLE.

LOLLOLLOL
Yes, Ayedeeosmeeo, weren'y you soooo happy when you had this revelationSmile
I'm gonna try this Lottabody. Not sure what it's gonna do to my hair but it has enough followers to give it a go.  Your hair looks very pretty and healthy. Do you put in Lottabody when hair is wet? And how hot does the Sedu get? My Thompson's gets up to 450 and I'm curious if these others get hotter. 
Also my blowdryer is 200 watts ceramic and I think that's really the key to my straightening...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote socialite101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2007 at 2:46pm
sorry for double

Edited by socialite101 - Jul 25 2007 at 2:48pm
BeautyWitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeautyWitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2007 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by socialite101 socialite101 wrote:

OK, I cannot believe I have been pressing and flat ironing my hair for the ENTIRE two plus years I've been natural! Today, I took Cookingirl's (thanks girl!!) advice and just blow dried and flat ironed my hair... and do you know it got even straighter than it normally does with the hot comb??!! I don't know how in the world that can be. But what I do know is that this new routine has me sooooo excited about my natural hair and my ability to manage it. For one, not having to press my hair will easily save me 2 hours off my routine....and I am SURE my hair will be healthier in the future. I'm used to pressing then going over the press with a flat iron. So now I'll be subjecting my hair to HALF the heat it's used to. From just flat ironing my hair is very straight, but it's also more soft and healthy-looking than it was with my press. I can't explain how happy I am with this new routine. I kind of feel like an idiot for not realizing a 450 degree ceramic could straighten even my natural hair just fine! And I have some thick hair, so I know if I can get my hair straight with just a flat iron that anyone ought to be....Rest in Peace my pressing comb!
So you press on 450Shocked? My hair couldn't take that I only use 300 and my hair gets super straight and stay that way, I don't even blow dry either.
pamken122 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pamken122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2007 at 2:41pm
what do you use in your hair when you just want to wear it natural without blow drying it?
pamken122 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pamken122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2007 at 2:47pm
what do you use on your hair if you're just wearing it natural after washing to get the curly effect?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote socialite101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2007 at 7:07pm
Yes, I flat iron on 450 and get bone straight results. I don't like air drying. My hair type is super thick and its very healthy, so can take the heat
samanthajones67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samanthajones67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2007 at 11:37am

Yes, I flat iron on 450 and get bone straight results. I don't like air drying. My hair type is super thick and its very healthy, so can take the heat   

I have learned that is the Key!!! the heat!

I have a maxi glide and a sedu - and I could not understand why - my hair was straight, but not swingin' bone straight!!!

I know now that my hair can take a lot of heat, and that I will be getting a nice 1 inch iron that will do the trick!!!

diamante87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diamante87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2007 at 4:01pm
how do I find out how hot my flat iron will get? I've had it for several years and I only know that it's given me average results, but you guys are so inspiring. I want to rush out to the BSS tonight!
cookingirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookingirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2007 at 3:49am

OK, I cannot believe I have been pressing and flat ironing my hair for the ENTIRE two plus years I've been natural! Today, I took Cookingirl's (thanks girl!!) advice and just blow dried and flat ironed my hair... and do you know it got even straighter than it normally does with the hot comb??!! I don't know how in the world that can be. But what I do know is that this new routine has me sooooo excited about my natural hair and my ability to manage it. For one, not having to press my hair will easily save me 2 hours off my routine....and I am SURE my hair will be healthier in the future. I'm used to pressing then going over the press with a flat iron. So now I'll be subjecting my hair to HALF the heat it's used to. From just flat ironing my hair is very straight, but it's also more soft and healthy-looking than it was with my press. I can't explain how happy I am with this new routine. I kind of feel like an idiot for not realizing a 450 degree ceramic could straighten even my natural hair just fine! And I have some thick hair, so I know if I can get my hair straight with just a flat iron that anyone ought
to be....Rest in Peace my pressing comb!
I'm so glad it worked for you!. It takes me no time to blow dry and straighten my hair now. I can do both under two hours.   I used to do the same thing as you with the hot comb and I was just adding more torture to my hair than necessary!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 30>
  Share Topic