FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Flat Ironing Routine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 30>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BeautyWitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeautyWitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2007 at 12:50am
Originally posted by Raisinm7 Raisinm7 wrote:

I am scared to press without products but i will try when i take off my braids.
The less products you use the better your hair looks. All you really need is a leave-in and heat protectant.
Sponsored Links

Leobody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leobody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2007 at 5:16pm
Thanks Socialite. Same to you fellow natural.

Leaving it alone as much as possible, throwing away my blowdryer, & not putting lots of product on it. My avatar pics are usually taken before I go out since my hair is basically in two pigtails everyday.
ivyqueen85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivyqueen85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2007 at 9:54am
Originally posted by socialite101 socialite101 wrote:

I wash my hair with Creme of Nature then condition with Parnevu. I then apply generous amounts of Parnevu tea-Tree Leave In Conditioner to my wet hair, comb and detangle it and part it it into small sections.
Then I do a thorough blow dry, section by section, and get it as straight as possible. That is definitely the key to a good press, as mentioned before.
Next, I start at the bottom and press my hair in tiny pieces, using no product. Yes, no product.
Then, I go back through my hair and flat iron it with a small ceramic.
Then wrap.
That's it. By using no product, my hair bounces and blows in the wind, has tons of body and is healthy-looking and fluffy with natural shine.  the only product I ever put in my hair besides the initial leave-in conditioner is a little wax to make my edges lay down well.
Some may think I am crazy, but my natural hair can take the heat of a hot comb and iron, and the no product thing really makes for beautiful, alive hair.
I get soo many compliments on my hair from people.  They really notice the difference:)

ITA, that is how I do my hair, and my hair comes out looking like I just relaxed my hair. Before I shampoo my hair, I put deep conditioner on my hair, so it won't break the hair so much.
socialite101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote socialite101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2007 at 7:40pm
Okay, so I just pressed my hair out yesterday and my blowdry was the bomb, so my press cam out bone straight. But my ends were looking kind of dry. So I squirted a dime-sized amount of Luster's Moisture Max (blue and white bottle) onto my sink and used my finger to dab tiny amounts onto the ends of my pressed hair only. Then I brushed and wrapped my hair. It was so beautiful this morning!
I think Moisture Max is one of the best, least greasy moisturizers you can get, IMO.
cookingirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookingirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2007 at 12:59pm
I just began straightening my hair after a long time of wearing it either curly or weaved up.  I wash it and then use a "reconstructor" to keep damage from occuring.  Then I rinse that out.  I then spray in lotta body throughout my hair.  I start at the nap of my neck and work up blow drying small sections getting it as straight as I can (i use a comb on the end of the blow dryer)  Then I take my flat iron and start from the nape of the neck and work up and flat iron 1-2 inch small sections at a time until I get to the top of the head.  After I finish flat ironing I make sure i wrap it each night.  The Lotta body is the Only styling product I use.  My hair is bouncy and not weighed down and shiny.  I tried using one of those heat protectors and I did not like how it made my hair look and feel.  Attached is a picture.
MzArie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MzArie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2007 at 4:06pm
I basically wash and condition, comb it through wit a medium size comb, rub high frequenzy heat protectant through out it, and then some ion straightening creme, then I blowdry with a round blow dry brush using the dominican/egyptian technique, and once im done my hair is straight like a perm but I have fine hair so it gets into fly away mode so I have to weight it down by adding a polisher or serum and flat ironing.
socialite101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote socialite101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2007 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by cookingirl cookingirl wrote:

I just began straightening my hair after a long time of wearing it either curly or weaved up. I wash it and then use a "reconstructor" to keep damage from occuring. Then I rinse that out. I then spray in lotta body throughout my hair. I start at the nap of my neck and work up blow drying small sections getting it as straight as I can (i use a comb on the end of the blow dryer) Then I take my flat iron and start from the nape of the neck and work up and flat iron 1-2 inch small sections at a time until I get to the top of the head. After I finish flat ironing I make sure i wrap it each night. The Lotta body is the Only styling product I use. My hair is bouncy and not weighed down and shiny. I tried using one of those heat protectors and I did not like how it made my hair look and feel. Attached is a picture.[IMG]http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/uploads/20070710_125646_DSCN0952.JPG" height="479" width="640" />

Girl, your hair looks great! Lottabody? I think I've heard of it, but what exactly is it/ does it do. Are you all natural, b/c I could never get my hair that straight without a comb...
miss_westindies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss_westindies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2007 at 9:02am
Thanx for everyone's posts, beautiful hair socialite.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookingirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2007 at 1:31pm

I just began straightening my hair after a long time of wearing it either curly or weaved up.  I wash it and then use a "reconstructor" to keep damage from occuring.  Then I rinse that out.  I then spray in lotta body throughout my hair.  I start at the nap of my neck and work up blow drying small sections getting it as straight as I can (i use a comb on the end of the blow dryer)  Then I take my flat iron and start from the nape of the neck and work up and flat iron 1-2 inch small sections at a time until I get to the top of the head.  After I finish flat ironing I make sure i wrap it each night.  The Lotta body is the Only styling product I use.  My hair is bouncy and not weighed down and shiny.  I tried using one of those heat protectors and I did not like how it made my hair look and feel.  Attached is a picture.[IMG]http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/uploads/20070710_125646_DSCN0952.JPG" height="479" width="640" />

Girl, your hair looks great! Lottabody? I think I've heard of it, but what exactly is it/ does it do. Are you all natural, b/c I could never get my hair that straight without a comb...
Thanks!  I am all natural.  If you go to my fotki you can see my hair journey to get healthy hair after damaging it with too much color.  Lotta body is a setting lotion.  I buy it at Sally's but you can buy it other places.  The directions are on the bottle but I usually dilute it 1 part lotta body and 3 parts water in a spray bottle.  It is what makes my hair bouncy and soft.  You can also use it to wet set your hair also.  I used to use a straightening comb but not anymore.  If you do small sections blow drying it with the lotta body and a Hot blow dryer and comb on the end of it and a good flat iron you can get it that straight. I think in my fotki is a pic of my hair blow dried also and it is BIG.  The flat iron gets it straight. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookingirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2007 at 1:32pm

I just began straightening my hair after a long time of wearing it either curly or weaved up.  I wash it and then use a "reconstructor" to keep damage from occuring.  Then I rinse that out.  I then spray in lotta body throughout my hair.  I start at the nap of my neck and work up blow drying small sections getting it as straight as I can (i use a comb on the end of the blow dryer)  Then I take my flat iron and start from the nape of the neck and work up and flat iron 1-2 inch small sections at a time until I get to the top of the head.  After I finish flat ironing I make sure i wrap it each night.  The Lotta body is the Only styling product I use.  My hair is bouncy and not weighed down and shiny.  I tried using one of those heat protectors and I did not like how it made my hair look and feel.  Attached is a picture.[IMG]http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/uploads/20070710_125646_DSCN0952.JPG" height="479" width="640" />

by the way your hair is GORGEOUS!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 30>
  Share Topic