FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Flat Ironing Routine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 30>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2007 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Raisinm7 Raisinm7 wrote:

Wow socialite! no products? how about heat protectors?

I wonder about this too.  Flat iron instructions usually tell you that hair should be free of all styling products, creams etc before you flat iron, but on the other hand, we're told to be sure to use heat protectors before flat ironing. I always use heat protectors.  

The ceramic coating of my Gold n' Hot started flaking off around the edges after the fourth use, while huge sections of the ceramic coating on my Andis flat iron came off the very first time I used it.  In both cases I wondered whether using styling products (heat protectors) before flat ironing had anything to do with the damage to the irons.

I don't know.  I'm tempted to follow the instructions not to use any kinda products, but at the same time I'm scared not to use some kind of heat protection...
Sponsored Links

socialite101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote socialite101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2007 at 7:54pm
Thanks for the compliment kmbrri!!!Tongue
Here's a before and after of my hair press.
Cara...I know it seems dangerous to put the heat on your hair with no protectant or something...In fact, it goes against everything we (most black women) have seen growing up with all the greases, oils, etc.  I think it does matter what texture your hair is, too. I have super thick hair that is a huge curly afro when wet.  But it's healthy and strong and can take lots of heat.  I have started using tiny amounts of a moisturizer on it, though, between presses.  I like the Org. Root Stim Olive Oil.  But literally, just a drop.  My pet peave is products that weigh down the hair.  I see so many women with beautiful hair that just won't move because of all the...stuff.. that's in itErmm

Edited by socialite101 - Jul 01 2007 at 8:39pm
ncaggie08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncaggie08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2007 at 9:37pm
Socialite: you have really beautiful hair.
ncaggie08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncaggie08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2007 at 9:38pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote socialite101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2007 at 8:50am
Originally posted by ncaggie08 ncaggie08 wrote:

Thank you so muchSmile I have a love-hate relationship with my hair, so that means a lotSmile
Leobody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leobody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2007 at 5:03pm
^^Very healthy, sparkling hair.

I wash & condition with Pantene Smooth & Sleek, make two braids & let airdry, then Maxiglide. I don't use any styling products since they either make my hair limp & dirty or dry.
pamken122 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pamken122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2007 at 5:39pm
Your hair is beautiful, do you press yourself or get it done regularly, if so how often do you go?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote socialite101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2007 at 8:06pm
Leobody, your hair is gorgeous!! How do you maintain it?
StrayFish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StrayFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2007 at 9:41pm
I am scared to press without products but i will try when i take off my braids.
ohioshorty06 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohioshorty06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2007 at 12:20am
After a wash and deep condition and changing my routine 23984729834 times, I found a way that works.  I part my whole head in 4 sections and I start in the back and use my spray leave-in and a tiny bit of coconut oil grease on thin sections and flat iron.  My hair comes out looking like a fresh relaxer.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 30>
  Share Topic