FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic Closedflat ironing and moisture retention help

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
alibeeee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: flat ironing and moisture retention help
    Posted: Oct 14 2011 at 10:30pm
I have 4b/4c hair and have been concerned about moisture retention. To combat this problem, I tried rollersetting my hair but that was a disastrous failure due to the fact that I couldn't get the roots flat/streched enough so they were sooo tangled and combing my hair dry and super curly is a no no.I did manage to get through it but I've said "never again" to the rollerset. However I noticed that my hair, this morning, is super soft and the ends feel much less brittle than they usually do. I think it's because my hair air dried instead of being blow dried and so ther was more  moisture in the hair shaft.  I also used fermodyl 619 from roux for the first time so that might have something to do with it but I don't know.  Does anyone have any alternatives to rollerseting for 4b/c hair for streching the hair before flat ironing?  I feel like I would retain more length and also maybe regain a little thickness since I have very fine strands with.  I'm also long term transitioning out of a pixie cut(17 mths) so have a few inches of relaxed hair at the ends and I'm about APL at the very tips but feel like I should be retaining more length than this and I wash and flat iron once a week with DC and my hair stll shrinks up to my head like a frightened snail when wet so i don't think I have heat damage.
Sponsored Links

ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2011 at 7:13pm
I have 4a/b and some 3c but I think this could work for anyone. I twist and bantu knot in small sections my hair, then air dry. This leaves my roots streteched enough to flatiron my hair.
Ms.boldandsassy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2011 at 10:39am
There's two ways I stretch before flatironing. The first way is ponytail rollesets. Unlike traditional rollersets my roots come out flat/straight. The other way is to blowdry using the tension method. With this method no combs or brushes are used just pulling a section of your hair taught at the ends and running a blowdryer over your hair. To see this method look on yt for pinkskates blowdry method.
alibeeee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2011 at 10:19pm
Thank you both.  I just have a really bad time combing my hair without it being either wet or stretched beacuse of it's tendency to snap when dry.  I'm now using the tension blow dry method wth cool air and I'll see how it goes.
NoirPur View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2011 at 2:19pm
I think it helps to roll up when rollersetting because it pulls the roots flat and downwards towards the scalp and it's easier on your arms. And I agree- the tension blow dry method works really well. 
angel100 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2014 at 12:36am
you can use the rollers to set your hair. in my opinion it will must help otherwise use the hair blow dryer
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic