Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

FL girl graduating from high school AND coll..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FL girl graduating from high school AND coll..
    Posted: May 09 2014 at 2:43pm

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-girl-graduates-from-high-school-and-college-in-same-week/

Florida girl graduating from high school and college in same week

Grace Bush, 16, has earned her bachelor's degree at the same time as her high school diploma. Next up: She wants to earn a master's and go on to law school.  CBS MIAMI

MIAMI -- A 16-year-old South Florida girl has double reason to celebrate: She's collecting diplomas from both high school and college within the space of one week.

In an unusual twist, Grace Bush earned a bachelor's degree from college -- but she won't have her high school diploma until Friday, CBS Miami reported.

"It's kind of weird that I graduated college before high school," she said.

The Hollywood teen received her bachelor's degree in criminal justice last Friday morning from Florida Atlantic University.

She did it with a 3.8 grade point average, completing the four-year degree in just three years.

"I started when I was 13 at Broward College and I also took my classes throughout the summer, so I was able to finish it before four years," she said.

Bush will get her high school diploma on May 9th from Florida Atlantic University High School.

The institution's dual enrollment program allows high-performing high school students to earn credit for the same courses toward their college degree and save thousands of dollars in tuition at the same time.

Bush's parents wanted their nine children to earn college credit in high school because they can't afford to send all of their kids to college. Their mother, who home-schooled all the kids, knew early on that Grace had a knack for learning.

"At 2 years old, she was already reading and I was totally shocked," said her mother, Gisla Bush.

Grace is the third oldest in the Bush family.

"My two older sisters are doing it and I'm the third to do it. My oldest sister already graduated and my second oldest sister is graduating in the summer," she said.

The new college graduate said she'll be pursuing a master's degree this fall, and then going to law school.

"I would eventually like to become chief justice of the United States," Grace Bush said.

During her spare time she plays the flute in two orchestras and that keeps her busy, but the teen said she will finally take a little break during the summer.

"To study for the LSAT, so I can get as high a score as possible, so hopefully I can get a full ride into a good law school," she said

Sponsored Links

Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 2:53pm
She did that! Wow
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 3:13pm
Go Grace! 

I think their parents were smart from thinking ahead and not waiting until the kids senior year to figure out what they were going to do for college. 
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 3:14pm
Side note...i wonder if there are other states that have these type of programs?
Im_oh_so_hott View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Im_oh_so_hott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 3:51pm
Kudos to and her parents
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 4:15pm
Thumbs Up
kerysdream7 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kerysdream7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 4:20pm
ClapFinally something positive out of Florida.
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 4:20pm
I'm so happy for her!
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 4:57pm
This is awesome! I don't understand how she is getting a diploma from HS if she was home schooled. Or was she home schooled only during elementary/middle school years?
Anyways, that's good for her, and I hope those accomplishments count on her essay/interview to a Law School.
hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 5:00pm
So you don't need to graduate from hs to go to college? I didn't know that hmmm interesting
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>