FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

FKA Twigs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 4.43  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Eden. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eden. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2014 at 2:22am
i like how she looks. but i feel like im listening to sia. if sia put out mixtapes.
Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2014 at 12:17pm
From the man himself.... YASSS BITCH YASSS!! LOL

Originally posted by <a href=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?s=&authornamef=Associated+Press target=_blank rel=nofollow>Associated Press</a> Associated Press wrote:

Memorable moments from Paisley Park

Published: 01:27 EST, 29 September 2014 | Updated: 01:27 EST, 29 September 2014

What we learned during a seven-hour odyssey at Paisley Park:

— Prince is a mean pingpong player: A pingpong table is the centerpiece of the rehearsal space outside of the studio at Paisley Park, and it gets plenty of use. Prince shows he's pretty deft player — he hits from wild angles, and it's a wild sight, his white shoes with acrylic heels lighting up blue with every move. Alas, he loses his game by a few points.

— Prince goes to YouTube for music too: Some Prince fans who want to go to YouTube to pull up their favorite track or performance have long complained that Prince is overly aggressive in removing that music on copyright infringement grounds. So they might be surprised that he uses it to look up music and old performances of others. When the point is underscored as he watches an old James Brown estate, he says: "James Brown has an estate — so do I," then adds: "People need to stop tripping."

— He's still a Jehovah's Witness: Introduced to the religion by musician Larry Graham, Prince made sure to note that he's still follows the doctrine, but adds that he student of the world, and notes that he's been spending time reading, particularly African history.

— Yes, he thought Michael Jackson was pretty awesome too: Though the two were often pitted against each other in the media during the heights of their respective careers, he has utmost respect for the late legend. During one conversation, he marvels at the brilliance of then 10-year-old Jackson's vocals on classics like "Who's Loving You" and "I Want You Back," and while watching an old James Brown clip, he notes that both he and Jackson were watching Brown as children: "Michael got the dance, I got the music."

— He is an unfailingly polite host: During our visit, he gets concerned about whether we've eaten and an assistant picks up a soup at Houlihan's. Once it arrives, it won't do to eat it with disposable plastic utensils; he takes us to the kitchen area (bigger than most New York City apartments) and hands us proper silverware, and then, afterward, throws away the mess.

— You have to wow Prince to musically impress him: While it's not without fun, it's serious business: "The level of expectation is incredibly high; it's always to play something perfectly and with a . wicked feel," says 3RDEYEGIRL guitarist Donna Grantis.

He's a fan of today's talent: While he dismisses some of today's music - don't expect a collaboration with artists Katy Perry and Iggy Azalea — that doesn't mean there aren't contemporary artists who wow him. He raved about Luke James voice; was mesmerized by FKA Twigs; talked about the potential of Rita Ora (who recorded at Paisley Park).

— He likes candles: In almost every room, candles are burning.

— Prince is still cooler than you: He's the only person who can pull off wearing a shirt with his image — and look epic doing it.

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2014 at 12:32pm
SMH

'I am genuinely shocked and disgusted': Robert Pattinson's new girlfriend FKA twigs finds herself target of racist abuse on Twitter

By Helen Zhao for MailOnline

Published: 23:11 EST, 28 September 2014 | Updated: 02:05 EST, 29 September 2014

She has been thrust into the spotlight thanks to her rumoured relationship with A-list actor and Twilight heartthrob Robert Pattinson.

But since FKA twigs - real name Tahliah Debrett Barnett - went public holding hands with the actor last week, the singer has found herself to be the target of racist abuse on Twitter. 

The 26-year-old singer tweeted on Sunday: 'I am genuinely shocked and disgusted at the amount of racism that has been infecting my account the past week.'

Scroll down for video 

Bigotry: FKA twigs, pictured in London on September 10, has found herself the target of racist Twitter comments after its been revealed she is dating Robert Pattinson&nbsp;
+6

Bigotry: FKA twigs, pictured in London on September 10, has found herself the target of racist Twitter comments after it's been revealed she is dating Robert Pattinson 

This was followed by: 'Racism is unacceptable in the real world and it's unacceptable online.'

Tahliah has a father who is Jamaican and a mother who is of both English and Spanish descent.

Numerous Twitter users have spewed hateful comments, as captured by Jezebel. 

One user, @hxzscurls, wrote: 'you’re like a monkey, really i can’t believe that rob kissed you.'

Another user, @Angeelicacsp, wrote: ‘I can’t believe I have changed robert Goddess Kristen for this monkey.’

Heating up! A week ago, the 26-year-old singer and 28-year-old actor were pictured holding hands at Venice Beach, Los Angeles&nbsp;
+6

Heating up! A week ago, the 26-year-old singer and 28-year-old actor were pictured holding hands at Venice Beach, Los Angeles 

Lovey dovey: On Monday, twigs and Robert were spotted on a romantic drive through Hollywood, as they cosied up to one another
+6

Lovey dovey: On Monday, twigs and Robert were spotted on a romantic drive through Hollywood, as they cosied up to one another

The British singer is no stranger to racist comments, having experienced it in her childhood while attending a Catholic school as the only mixed-race girl.

‘People said horrible things about something I had no control of, which was tough. But that’s okay. Life isn’t supposed to be easy, is it?’ she told British magazine Dazed & Confused. 

‘I never really saw anything wrong with how I looked, it was more that certain people pointed things out to you about yourself.

‘Either your hair’s different, or the colour of your skin, or your features. Half of my life I’ve had people staring at me because they think I’m funny-looking and ugly.’

Sparking romance rumours: Robert and twigs were seen out and about together in New York on August 27
+6

Sparking romance rumours: Robert and twigs were seen out and about together in New York on August 27

Congrats! Meanwhile, she’s been nominated for Best Newcomer, Best Female Act alongside the likes of Jessie J and Rita Ora, and Best Video at the MOBO Awards
+6

Congrats! Meanwhile, she’s been nominated for Best Newcomer, Best Female Act alongside the likes of Jessie J and Rita Ora, and Best Video at the MOBO Awards

However, twigs manages to put things in perspective.

‘The other half of my life I’ve had people staring at me because they think I’m fascinating,’ she said. ‘Everything neutralises. It’s more of a statement on society and how weird it is.’

Meanwhile, she certainly seems to be enjoying her new romance.

On Monday, twigs and Robert, 28, were spotted on a romantic drive through Hollywood, as they cosied up to one another.

She leaned into his shoulder as he appeared to be kissing her forehead.

Compare and contrast: Twitter users have compared twigs to Roberts ex-girlfriend, Kristen Stewart - pictured at the British premiere of Twilight in 2008
+6

Is that really necessary? Twitter users have compared twigs to Robert's ex-girlfriend, Kristen Stewart - pictured at the British premiere of Twilight in 2008

And the outing came just after they were pictured holding hands at Venice Beach, Los Angeles the day before, on Sunday.

Meanwhile, twigs can celebrate her musical success, as she is up for three gongs at the MOBO Awards – honouring music in genres ranging from gospel to jazz, RnB, soul, re e, and hip hop.

She’s been nominated for Best Newcomer, Best Female Act alongside the likes of Jessie J and Rita Ora, and Best Video. Confused

Also nominated are Beyonce, Chris Brown, Drake, Iggy Azalea, J Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Nicki Minaj, Pharrell, and Trey Songz in the category of Best International Act. ConfusedConfused

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2014 at 1:20pm
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2014 at 1:28pm
Funny how people tried to single out Black women for hating on IRR as if it's a Black-woman-thing

*Waits for Black men to call this racist White women jealous, bitter and angry* Ermm

Edited by Alias_Avi - Sep 29 2014 at 1:28pm
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2014 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Funny how people tried to single out Black women for hating on IRR as if it's a Black-woman-thing

*Waits for Black men to call this racist White women jealous, bitter and angry* Ermm
ThisClap
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2014 at 1:34pm
Lmwo white women gonna be salty for a while. Well their white princess is the one that slept around on rob.

I wonder if rob will take up for her

Edited by HaitianDiva64 - Sep 29 2014 at 1:44pm
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2014 at 1:36pm
she's not?
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2014 at 3:14pm
the Twilight Guy is Ugly though- No shade but who care's about this guy?
K_Camille View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2014 at 3:18pm
She looks stupid with her mouth agape like that.  It's not cute.  And if Robert is ugly, well they fit each other.

I like the 2 weeks song tho.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
  Share Topic