Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Five Mysteries of the Cosby Show

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 16>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 12:27am
I don't think I've ever seen her showing cleavage like this before. She has aged extremely well.

Sponsored Links

dijah.love View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dijah.love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 12:28am
Interesting! All 5 of those are new to me

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

a lot of black people [on bhm too] have problems with Bill 

Why is this?

I remember reading something by Dyson going off on him, but I don't remember why the rant even existed
Jr1127 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jr1127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 12:31am
Bill Cosby son was very good looking!
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 12:32am
i dont always agree w/ Bill's views ( or anyone's for that matter)

but I can't discredit the crazy positive impact he's had on our community.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 12:33am
wow, so Whit turned it down. I was wondering how she wasn't a 'good enough' actress that she lost it to Sabrina.
I bet they thought she was crazy turning down that role.

Whitney Houston auditioned in the early eighties and after getting the job she turned it down to pursue her music career.

Sandrich, who directed the first three seasons of the hugely successful sitcom, recalls a young Houston reluctant to sign her contract because she thought it would jeopardize her not yet developed music career.

'So we gather in this room and there are kids from New York and Los Angeles and they are all signing their contracts, and this girl who we brought from New York said "I can't sign this contract."

Young Whitney: Houston pictured in 1984 around the time she got the job on the NBC sitcom

'And I said "Why?" She said, "Well, I want to be a singer...I can't be in every show... I have to be in every tour."

Sandrich says that he then asked Houston if she had a recording contract or whether she had ever toured to which she replied "no" to both.

He suggested that if she appeared on the show that it might help her singing career, but Houston wasn't convinced.

'I said "Well who told you can sing?" and she said "My mother, my aunt."

Sandrich believes that the then teenager knew right there and then that she was going to be a huge singing star.

'Whitney Houston, she knew,' he said.

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 12:35am
Originally posted by dijah.love dijah.love wrote:

Interesting! All 5 of those are new to me

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

a lot of black people [on bhm too] have problems with Bill 

Why is this?

I remember reading something by Dyson going off on him, but I don't remember why the rant even existed

his ideas of what is wrong with the black community, the role men should play, people see it as old fashioned and out of touch. he preaches a lot of personal responsibilities 
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 12:36am
That Jimmy Fallon interview with Bill Cosby was all kinds of weird

?uestlove looked extremely uncomfortable with it all LOLConfused
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 12:39am
She does look bi racial.
Jr1127 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jr1127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 12:48am

During the 1986-1987 season of The Cosby Show, Theo’s close friend and co-conspirator was Walter “Cockroach” Bradley. Carl Anthony Payne played the role in 12 episodes of the series, and might have featured in more had he not had a falling-out with Bill Cosby. Payne had decided to grow his hair out, despite Dr. Cosby’s preference for a clean-cut style among the male actors on his show. When Payne failed to comply, the Cockroach character was summarily squashed."

Wow Dr. Cosby did not play that! Cockroach left to do Martin.

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 12:48am
I have lots of good memories bc of the Cosby show but I always thought Good Times was overall the more funny show.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 16>