Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Natural Hair Care - Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedFirst Victory of 2008!!!! Thanks Ladies!

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
samanthajones67 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: First Victory of 2008!!!! Thanks Ladies!
    Posted: Jan 11 2008 at 9:39pm
Hey Ladies!

I was really messing up in the protien department.... I totally thought I had it together - because other protein treatments I tried - well they did not turn out well....(molasses, ACV, yuck!!)I had lots of hair loss, however - I thought that was normal.......

DUH for me..............

I had also moved away from commercial conditioners so - ORS ( the last one I was using )- the balance for my hair - dissapeared - to a degree.....

I am now back on track - ready to take my hair to new heights......

I tried this mix today ( Protien PREPOO )

Yogurt
Aubreys GPB
honey
and a scoop of Amla Powder....

And I hung out under some heat for an hour...I had to go run errands - so this mix stayed on for another 3 to 4 hours... I was afraid I would have orange hair.....

and I was terrified of tangles - since I only use my other condish for moisture....

To my pleasant surprize - the tangles were minimal - and I felt STRENGTH to my hair that I had not felt for a long time... ( no more 'stretchy- stretchy')... there were alot fewer hairs in the shower!

Thanks CenteredGirl, MsToya and Beauty Witch for all your help!!!!!!!( I asked you all a million ??'s)

I think I will be back on track for the OH EIGHT!!!!!!!
WSL here I come!!!!

Samantha

Edited by samanthajones67 - Jan 11 2008 at 9:42pm
Sponsored Links

samanthajones67 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2008 at 9:47pm
I forgot to add I used garlic oil too!
mstoya25 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2008 at 9:08am
I'm glad you found something for your hair!
CenteredGirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2008 at 12:40am
Originally posted by samanthajones67 samanthajones67 wrote:

Hey Ladies!

I was really messing up in the protien department.... I totally thought I had it together - because other protein treatments I tried - well they did not turn out well....(molasses, ACV, yuck!!)I had lots of hair loss, however - I thought that was normal.......

DUH for me..............

I had also moved away from commercial conditioners so - ORS ( the last one I was using )- the balance for my hair - dissapeared - to a degree.....

Yogurt
Aubreys GPB
honey

And I hung out under some heat for an hour...I had to go run errands - so this mix stayed on for another 3 to 4 hours... I was afraid I would have orange hair.....

and I was terrified of tangles - since I only use my other condish for moisture....

To my pleasant surprize - the tangles were minimal - and I felt STRENGTH to my hair that I had not felt for a long time... ( no more 'stretchy- stretchy')... there were alot fewer hairs in the shower!

Thanks CenteredGirl, MsToya and Beauty Witch for all your help!!!!!!!( I asked you all a million ??'s)

WSL here I come!!!!

Samantha

Hey Sam,

Thanks for the shout out!  Glad to be of help to my super idol little sis.  Girl your hair is so fierce to me it's hard for me to imagine that YOU have problems.  I guess the universe i balanced (tee hee)!

On a serious note, I am soooo elated that you found a new concoction that works.  Sometimes the important part of the journey is about realizing that we much change our REGIMENS for time to time (I used it correctly this time --tee hee).

Funny, I too felt like adding an herb to my DC today - I added some neutral henna.

Oh, and I'm glad you aren't a redhead, not that you couldn't give MsToya a little competitionTongue

CenteredGirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2008 at 12:45am

I forgot to add I used garlic oil too!

This is the EXACT reason I need to invest in a wireless device to access BHM when I'm out PJ'ing in the hair world.  I totally spaced on that!  Good to hear you are pleased with the results.  Now I really have to get it.  *pant, pant*
mstoya25 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2008 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by CenteredGirl CenteredGirl wrote:

Hey Ladies!

DUH for me..............

Yogurt
Aubreys GPB
honey

WSL here I come!!!!

Samantha

Hey Sam,

Thanks for the shout out!  Glad to be of help to my super idol little sis.  Girl your hair is so fierce to me it's hard for me to imagine that YOU have problems.  I guess the universe i balanced (tee hee)!

On a serious note, I am soooo elated that you found a new concoction that works.  Sometimes the important part of the journey is about realizing that we much change our REGIMENS for time to time (I used it correctly this time --tee hee).

Funny, I too felt like adding an herb to my DC today - I added some neutral henna.

Oh, and I'm glad you aren't a redhead, not that you couldn't give MsToya a little competitionTongue

Blushy%20Girl%202 Who me?  Thanks CG and SJ, and just so please we are all learning what works for our hair, it's all different and all lovely!  I want to add some more hi-lites so I haven't hennaed in three weeks, my gray roots are showing, but at least I can see some growth....Oh and I got my first paper cut while twisting my hair.Shocked 

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic