Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
glamrock View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2009 at 7:11pm

Hi Ladies, I DID IT!!!

I relaxed my cherished 4b hair yesterday with Alter Ego Linage lye relaxer. It's so funny that I had planned my post relaxer hair style over a year ago so I didnt have too many options to weigh as far as low heat styles were concerned.

I self relaxed. I put 8oz of the Linage relaxer into an applicator bottle. I sectioned my hair off into 4 sections with huge plastic duck clips, then I started to apply the relaxer to the roots of each of the 4 sections starting with the nape. 

I have been 100% natural for years by way of the big chop technique, but over the past few months, maybe since July, I developed a bad case of heat damage after using the Organic Root Stimulator Pineapple Demi-Perm (it is not a relaxer, it is a temporary straightener and I accidentally left it on too long...long story), so it was impossible for me to wear a fro or decent double stand twists because my ends were limp. I didnt smooth the relaxer onto the length of my hair nor the roots til the last 10 minutes because the ends are already straight from heat damage.

Honestly, I relaxed myself b/c I didnt trust any stylist trying to relax my hair since it had that heat damage on the ends and I seriously kept having nightmares about a stylist leaving the relaxer on my hair too long and making my hair thin & limp with no body/vitality. Oh yes, I also knew that if I got my hair done in a salon, I would have had too much anxiety about the person potentially damaging my hair and I pictured myself crying in the stylist's chair - for real

I learned how to relax from a pro stylist back when I was in undergrad, and my best friend is a master stylist (20 yrs of experience) so I have self relaxed for years so I know the smoothing techniques that work for my hair. I totally pictured me fussing with a stylist while relaxer was in my hair b/c they were not smoothing enough or b/c they were putting the relaxer on my ends too soon...yeah, i was totally overanalyzing the whole idea of getting a perm LOL

I wet set my hair with curlformers and I dried it with my Pibbs dryer both are items that I bought in 2007 as part of my prep for relaxed hair 
Now, I want to buy a hair steamer

Im happy that I relaxed and I know that if I ever get bored with relaxer, I can cut it all off again or transition and I will be able to sport my cute unrelaxed styles again.

It's only day 2 but my hair looks great and it also looks healthy with no scalp burns. I plan to relaxer every 3-4 months.

Good luck to all of the ladies that are still on the fence and are contemplating the switch from natural to relaxed!!!Hug

Edited by glamrock - Mar 03 2009 at 7:20pm
Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2009 at 9:01pm
pics pics pics glam!

please :)

i think i want to relax once i reach my goal length. whenever that is. in like3-4 years?
curlygirl89 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2009 at 12:48pm
I could never relax my curls..you girls are bold
preciousone86 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2009 at 6:37pm
I'm thinking about relaxing too after 3 yrs of being natural. In all of that time I probably straightened it 5 times. I am not sure yet though, I would probably cry in the swivel chair. Lol. I need to think on it a few months...Confused
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic