Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Fired Live in Nanny refuses to leave

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fired Live in Nanny refuses to leave
    Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 6:33pm
first off...a stay at home mom that needs a live in nanny?
Sponsored Links

JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 6:33pm

Family Stumped by Fired Live-In Nanny Who Won't Leave

Jun 26, 2014, 2:36 PM ET
By SARAH FIGALORA
Sarah Figalora More from Sarah »
Digital Reporting Intern
via Good Morning America
PHOTO: Marcella and Ralph Bracamonte from Upland, Calif. say that their live-in nanny, Diane Stretton, refuses to do her job or leave their home after they attempted to terminate her employment.

A California family is stumped about what to do with a live-in nanny they say refuses to work, refuses to be fired and refuses to leave.

In fact, Marcella Bracamonte claims that the nanny, Diane Stretton, has threatened to sue the family for wrongful firing and elder abuse.

Marcella and Ralph Bracamonte of Upland, California, say they hired Stretton, 64, as a live-in nanny on March 4 to help with their three children, ages 11, 4, and 1. According to the couple, the terms of Stretton's employment were that Stretton was to nanny for the family and help around the house in exchange for room and board.

“We’ve done it before and have never had a problem,” Marcella Bracamonte told ABC News. “I was a stay-at-home mom and thought it would be good to have someone around to help out.”

PHOTO: Marcella and Ralph Bracamonte from Upland, Calif., seen here with their three children, say that their live-in nanny refuses to do her job or leave their home after they attempted to terminate her employment.
Courtesy Marcella Bracamonte
PHOTO: Marcella and Ralph Bracamonte from Upland, Calif., seen here with their three children, say that their live-in nanny refuses to do her job or leave their home after they attempted to terminate her employment.

“The first few weeks she was awesome,” Bracamonte said. “She would come places with us, help out the kids. She was really great.”

Then things changed.

“All of a sudden she stopped working, she would stay in her room all day and only come out when food was ready,” said Bracamonte.

Read More: Prince George Has a New Nanny

Read More: Nanny Louise Woodward, Jailed for Shaken Baby Death, Gives Birth

Read More: Nanny Rescues Child Who Fell in Septic Hole

Stretton then told the couple she had chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, which prevented her from helping around the house.

After what Bracamonte said was weeks of failed attempts to encourage Stretton to perform some of her agreed upon duties, the couple approached her on June 6 with a “last chance letter” reiterating the conditions of her job and stating the consequences if she continued to ignore her responsibilities. Stretton, Bracamonte said, refused to sign the letter, saying that the job was too much for her and she would be leaving in 30 days.

The Bracamontes approached her with a second letter putting her 30-day notice in writing, which, they said, she also refused to sign.

“When I asked her why she wouldn’t sign the letter she said ‘It’s not legal,’ and slammed the door in my face,” Bracamonte recalled. “Once she said the word legal, I knew it wasn’t going to be fun.”

Bracamonte called the police, but the cops declined to do anything, saying it was a civil matter. Lt. John Moore of the Upland Police Department confirmed to ABC News that there is no immediate action that can be taken against Stretton, saying "generally, once somebody has established residency, you have to go through a formal eviction process.”

Bracamonte soon realized that this was not Stretton’s first time with legal matters. Stretton reportedly has been involved in 36 lawsuits, landing herself on California’s Vexatious Litigant Lists for repeatedly abusing the legal system.

“Anyone who looks at her crooked, she sues,” said Bracamonte.

She claims that Stretton is now threatening to sue for wrongful firing and elder abuse.

Stretton is still living in the family's home, eating the family's food and Bracamonte said Stretton told her she wanted the family out of the house from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.

“I’m not going to bend for her,” said Bracamonte. “I’m in charge, this is my house. She’s not going to scare me out of my own house.”

But Bracamonte fears for her three children staying in the house with Stretton, saying “I worry there’s obviously something not right in her mind, and the police won’t protect us until someone gets hurt.”

“You don’t know what you’re opening yourself up to when you open your house to someone,” said Bracamonte.

BHM, HOW WOULD YOU GET RID OF HER???

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

first off...a stay at home mom that needs a live in nanny?

spoiler alert!?

lol
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 6:36pm
Lmao nanny said girl bye
Nanny wants them out of the house from 8-8???

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (15) Thanks(15)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 6:40pm
all they gotta do is get a young black man to come live in her room with her...Stern Smile
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 6:43pm
Worth looking up someone's name and do a background check before hiring

She better get on to that civil suit to get her evicted.

The lady shouldn't have made the arrangement turn sour

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 6:44pm
ha, the nanny only comes out when it's time to eat lol

Mom is cooking for the nanny 

Edited by rickysrose - Jun 26 2014 at 6:44pm
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 6:48pm
That hag would be skipping bullets lol.

I will admit that she has some giant cahones to tell them that she wasn't going to help out and only come out for dinner time. And that they should be out from 8am to 8pm? Yeah ok lady. Ermm
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 6:48pm
Squatter rights.
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 6:49pm
I would take the door off her room
I would put a window ac unit in her room set the temp to freezing
I would lock the fridge
Take all the food out the pantry
i would lock the bathrooms
And wait her out
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs