BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fired for ethnic hair and clothing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 8:13am
Yea it looks stupid on her.
That lady in that other thread...hers was flyy.
Sponsored Links

Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Ms_Kudos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 8:17am
Um, Printer_Ink - No.  pandt- I have to disagree.
Let's read, "Melphine Evans was vice president and CFO at two BP subsidiaries before she was fired."
This woman wasn't entry level, she was in a leadership position.  And this wasn't her first one, she knew what to wear, and more than that- how to do her job.  

Edited by Ms_Kudos - Dec 11 2013 at 8:18am
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 8:47am
Ok. Cause I'm sitting here like… the hell?
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Geesh, I wonder if anyone here has ever actually worked in Corporate America where ATTIRE IS KEY.

You don’t have to perm your hair either. I have not permed my hair since … 1969 .,. so yes, I wore my hair in a afro for 25 years or so.

A good friend also at IBM wore her hair in deadlocks. We never had a problem … but yes, we looked neat, polished off and professional in natural hair and professional suits – just like everyone else.

If a White person had stepped up in a Mohawk punk spikey style..... he would have been pulled aside too!

You’ve gotta dress the part. Who does not know this?

Now every month – we had a dress down day and everyone just went nuts . .. okay that was the day to show you personality.

I think sometimes people WEAR their issue though and that turns folks off. I worked with a gay guy – no problem, wore corp attire .. and then one day (for no particular reason) he stepped up with half his hair dyed pink. Well, no one said anything but … Then he started wearing this Lavender suit with the dark red shoes and white socks. Someone made a joke and his reaction was ‘I AM GAY .. GET USED TO IT’. The problem was not that he was gay .. it was that he wore inappropriate clothes to work,. He got fired and claimed it was discrimination – but we all just shook our heads. He started that mess. Stupid.

One co-worker attended the team meeting one day and suddenly got up there with an announcement. He was going to transition to a woman. Now this was 25 years ago and everyone just stared in shock. Okay, so bit by bit he started changing, He wore women’s eyeglasses first, and then he started with the long fake nails, and the skirts. Now he was a BIG UGLY DUDE (6’3) overweight and with a full beard so yes, he just started looking so badddd. He was in his 40’s so he already had a bold spot on his head but he grew out his scraggly hair anyway … and his 5 o’clock shadow grew in at 2:00. ,. I felt sorry for him though because he felt tortured because he felt he WAS a woman on the inside . People complained, customers complained - He got the ax too.

I have more stories like this … but basically that Black Lady at BP knew what she was doing when she stepped out in her Pan-African outfit.

Maybe she was one of those IN YOUR FACE .. I am Black person … so then yes, people are gonna be offended etc.

That was not corporate attire .. so just decided to express herself anyway .. so now she can sue for discrimination and make a some money.

You too damn old to be trolling like this Ma'm

Edited by jonesable - Dec 11 2013 at 8:50am
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 9:11am
Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

Smh at the racist comments saying that things like this make people not want to hire minorities, that she looks like an African warrior and that she needed to be fired because the dress code needs to be enforced.

they tried to murder, beat, and rape this kind of "mess" out of us on the plantations (our music, our culture, our pride etc). it made them angry and fearful and it still makes them mad that we continue to remind them of who we are. Kings, and queens.

Originally posted by Mz. Mocha Mz. Mocha wrote:

When in Rome *Shrugs*

Originally posted by Mz. Mocha Mz. Mocha wrote:

TWA's?

oh.i get it now.

smh

Edited by Wildfire - Dec 11 2013 at 9:15am
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 9:13am
Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

I sat here and tried to think about white culture...then I laughed. There is no such thing. There whole existence is a compilation of others'.

Yt's are upset because they have no culture and no identity. They would kill to walk around in ethnocentric garb without looking like a damn fool. They're upset because we have something they never had and never will have.

She'll walk away with a nice payout.

Yep, yep.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

ETA: This kind
<p ="attachment">0926-kourtney-kardashian-turban-hair-accessory_bd

Ok. Am I the only one that thinks turbans look stupid (totally mature word ) with hair out? Doesn't that somehow defeat the purpose of a turban?
Nope. I don't think um, certain people know you don't wear it like a baseball cap.LOL
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

You don't need to straighten your hair to put it in a damn bun.

You could have stopped all my miserable thinkin of straightening if you just said this in the first place lol

Not sure if my hair can fit into a bun yet tho...or get into a weave bun.. Cry

Fcgriffin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fcgriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Geesh, I wonder if anyone here has ever actually worked in Corporate America where ATTIRE IS KEY.

You don’t have to perm your hair either. I have not permed my hair since … 1969 .,. so yes, I wore my hair in a afro for 25 years or so.

A good friend also at IBM wore her hair in deadlocks. We never had a problem … but yes, we looked neat, polished off and professional in natural hair and professional suits – just like everyone else.

If a White person had stepped up in a Mohawk punk spikey style..... he would have been pulled aside too!

You’ve gotta dress the part. Who does not know this?

Now every month – we had a dress down day and everyone just went nuts . .. okay that was the day to show you personality.

I think sometimes people WEAR their issue though and that turns folks off. I worked with a gay guy – no problem, wore corp attire .. and then one day (for no particular reason) he stepped up with half his hair dyed pink. Well, no one said anything but … Then he started wearing this Lavender suit with the dark red shoes and white socks. Someone made a joke and his reaction was ‘I AM GAY .. GET USED TO IT’. The problem was not that he was gay .. it was that he wore inappropriate clothes to work,. He got fired and claimed it was discrimination – but we all just shook our heads. He started that mess. Stupid.

One co-worker attended the team meeting one day and suddenly got up there with an announcement. He was going to transition to a woman. Now this was 25 years ago and everyone just stared in shock. Okay, so bit by bit he started changing, He wore women’s eyeglasses first, and then he started with the long fake nails, and the skirts. Now he was a BIG UGLY DUDE (6’3) overweight and with a full beard so yes, he just started looking so badddd. He was in his 40’s so he already had a bold spot on his head but he grew out his scraggly hair anyway … and his 5 o’clock shadow grew in at 2:00. ,. I felt sorry for him though because he felt tortured because he felt he WAS a woman on the inside . People complained, customers complained - He got the ax too.

I have more stories like this … but basically that Black Lady at BP knew what she was doing when she stepped out in her Pan-African outfit.

Maybe she was one of those IN YOUR FACE .. I am Black person … so then yes, people are gonna be offended etc.

That was not corporate attire .. so just decided to express herself anyway .. so now she can sue for discrimination and make a some money.
What do you mean by the bolded/underlined/highlighted?
Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 2:59pm
LMAO at too damn old to troll

but what's deadlocks? 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures