Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fired for ethnic hair and clothing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 1:36am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

I wear my natural hair and in natural looking protective styles just wishing and hoping and thinking and praying...
Lmao! I do wait for the day someone comes for these kinks at work. Bring it on!

The receptionist at work wears a turban and another medical assistant wears her hair kinky curly every day. No one has said a word.Star

ETA: This kind

0926-kourtney-kardashian-turban-hair-accessory_bd

Edited by carolina cutie - Dec 11 2013 at 1:40am
Sponsored Links

Mz. Mocha View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mz. Mocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 1:38am
TWA's?
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 2:16am
TWA = teeny weeny afro.

I see alot of that with older (45 and over) women of colour that are in upper management or VP's.
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 6:10am
Geesh, I wonder if anyone here has ever actually worked in Corporate America where ATTIRE IS KEY.

You don’t have to perm your hair either. I have not permed my hair since … 1969 .,. so yes, I wore my hair in a afro for 25 years or so.

A good friend also at IBM wore her hair in deadlocks. We never had a problem … but yes, we looked neat, polished off and professional in natural hair and professional suits – just like everyone else.

If a White person had stepped up in a Mohawk punk spikey style..... he would have been pulled aside too!

You’ve gotta dress the part. Who does not know this?

Now every month – we had a dress down day and everyone just went nuts . .. okay that was the day to show you personality.

I think sometimes people WEAR their issue though and that turns folks off. I worked with a gay guy – no problem, wore corp attire .. and then one day (for no particular reason) he stepped up with half his hair dyed pink. Well, no one said anything but … Then he started wearing this Lavender suit with the dark red shoes and white socks. Someone made a joke and his reaction was ‘I AM GAY .. GET USED TO IT’. The problem was not that he was gay .. it was that he wore inappropriate clothes to work,. He got fired and claimed it was discrimination – but we all just shook our heads. He started that mess. Stupid.

One co-worker attended the team meeting one day and suddenly got up there with an announcement. He was going to transition to a woman. Now this was 25 years ago and everyone just stared in shock. Okay, so bit by bit he started changing, He wore women’s eyeglasses first, and then he started with the long fake nails, and the skirts. Now he was a BIG UGLY DUDE (6’3) overweight and with a full beard so yes, he just started looking so badddd. He was in his 40’s so he already had a bold spot on his head but he grew out his scraggly hair anyway … and his 5 o’clock shadow grew in at 2:00. ,. I felt sorry for him though because he felt tortured because he felt he WAS a woman on the inside . People complained, customers complained - He got the ax too.

I have more stories like this … but basically that Black Lady at BP knew what she was doing when she stepped out in her Pan-African outfit.

Maybe she was one of those IN YOUR FACE .. I am Black person … so then yes, people are gonna be offended etc.

That was not corporate attire .. so just decided to express herself anyway .. so now she can sue for discrimination and make a some money.

Edited by Printer_Ink - Dec 11 2013 at 6:14am
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 6:21am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

I wear my natural hair and in natural looking protective styles just wishing and hoping and thinking and praying...
Lmao! I do wait for the day someone comes for these kinks at work. Bring it on!

The receptionist at work wears a turban and another medical assistant wears her hair kinky curly every day. No one has said a word.Star

0926-kourtney-kardashian-turban-hair-accessory_bd

I want a turban like this
patternsandtexture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 6:32am
Printer Ink is usually on and off on her posts, but this isn't one when it's on point.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 6:40am
Doing the most as usual..
juicifruit89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote juicifruit89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 6:48am
I wouldn't describe wearing ethnic clothing as showcasing one's 'issue'...someone with that mindset is projecting their own feelings/biases about their 'Pan-African' roots.  'In your face' Black people make others uncomfortable? I guess we should be relegated to being marginalized to male others comfortable.
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 8:06am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

<p ="attachment">0926-kourtney-kardashian-turban-hair-accessory_bd

Ok. Am I the only one that thinks turbans look stupid (totally mature word ) with hair out? Doesn't that somehow defeat the purpose of a turban?
patternsandtexture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 8:13am
Until Europeans quit thinking they are the standard, we will always offend humanity's 7%.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>