Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fired for ethnic hair and clothing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GG View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 1:44pm
White people really hate us for who we are... Smh
I can't work with y'all unless I get a perm?

Edited by GG - Dec 11 2013 at 8:20am
Sponsored Links

Mz. Mocha View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mz. Mocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 1:52pm
Pretty much...or a weave

Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

White people really hate us or who we are... Smh
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 2:55pm
BP sure is bold

Hopefully they pay dearly for this

GG View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 3:17pm
Smh at the racist comments saying that things like this make people not want to hire minorities, that she looks like an African warrior and that she needed to be fired because the dress code needs to be enforced.

Edited by GG - Dec 10 2013 at 3:25pm
Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 4:22pm

I ain't mad.  She's about to collect a nice paycheck.   If I ever work for another big company, I'm going to do the same thing and hope they have the courage to run that game on me. 

SN2BPHD View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote SN2BPHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 4:27pm
This is the corporate world many don't see. When you walk into work with natural hair, they look at you as though you have a horn. If you look at black reporters/ newscasters, they have the same hairstyle (just like their white counterparts). This is the norm. You will be less likely to be hired if you show any sign of culture other what white.

Black folks have been changing who were are for years. White folks are afraid and intimidated when we show who we really are. We may luck up and find some who are not thrown off by what us being us, however that is not the norm. It is as though in order to be seen as intelligent and able to do a job, we have to change to get ahead.

Don't tell me that we don't have a "white voice" when they are around.  

We should not have to change anything, however in this day and age, if you want to work and live amongst other cultures, you are guided to assimilate. When you don't, you are treated like this.

Edited by SN2BPHD - Dec 10 2013 at 4:31pm
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

White people really hate us or who we are... Smh

The problem is they can't stand it when we have pride in our culture and heritage, they feel like that is a luxury reserved for them.
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 5:07pm
I recently had a discussion with a bunch of clueless white males.  They won't get it, but I closed my argument by stating, if they like to travel, there is NEVER a time when they will EVER think or have their friends and loved ones ask them, "Do they like white people over there?"  The thought never occurs to them.  When they pick up and move, among the first things they think about is NEVER, "where will I get my hair done?  Will they have [insert ethnic group here] food there?"  In corporate America, they will NEVER have to physically alter themselves to make their peers more comfortable with them.  WE DO.

Edited by TokyoRose - Dec 10 2013 at 7:12pm
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 6:10pm
I sat here and tried to think about white culture...then I laughed. There is no such thing. There whole existence is a compilation of others'.

Yt's are upset because they have no culture and no identity. They would kill to walk around in ethnocentric garb without looking like a damn fool. They're upset because we have something they never had and never will have.

She'll walk away with a nice payout.
cvzx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cvzx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 6:47pm
So BP is just handing out settlement money...are they still hiring
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System