Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fired 4 Not Allowing Transgendered in Ladies Room
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fired 4 Not Allowing Transgendered in Ladies Room

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fired 4 Not Allowing Transgendered in Ladies Room
    Posted: Dec 08 2011 at 10:01am
natalie johnson macys workr fired for refusing transgender

A local college student is out of work after refusing to allow a transgender individual into a women’s dressing room. Although it cost her her job, the worker says she would do it all over again. Liberty Counsel, a religious advocacy group, is representing 27-year-old Natalie Johnson. She claims she wasn’t aware of Macy’s transgender policy. “Any man who is in the process of becoming a woman, well guess what? You are still a man,” Johnson said.

After learning about the policy, and getting fired, Johnson said she doesn’t agree with it. She said the policy also conflicts with her religious beliefs. “There was a young man who was going into the women’s fitting room so my female customers were at stake too,” Johnson said. The problem is the customer claimed to be a woman, and became offended when Johnson denied her from using the women’s dressing room inside the Macy’s at the River Center.

“They wanted me to believe that the young man I was looking at was a woman,” Johnson said. “He wasn’t. He was just a man with makeup on and women’s clothing.”
LGBT community activist, Lauryn Farris, said situations like this happen all the time. She said there is a bigger issue. “We have to begin to ask ourselves, are we really doing this because we are afraid or are we just practicing hate because that’s what we were taught?” Farris said.

While Johnson is now out of a job, she said she will stand by her beliefs. “I personally don’t believe in transgenders,” Johnson said. “These are just people that are mentally confused.”

http://bossip.com/507757/texas-woman-fired-from-macys-for-refusing-to-let-a-transgender-woman-in-the-dressing-room-he-was-just-a-man-with-makeup-and-womans-clothing/

Edited by bindy - Dec 08 2011 at 10:02am
Sponsored Links

QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2011 at 10:07am
I was with her decision of not allowing a what she thought was a man into the ladies dressing room.  How was it determined he was transgendered?  What is Macy's policy on transgendered customers and dressing room ettiquite

However, she may have had a case for herself had she not said "I personally don’t believe in transgenders,” Johnson said. “These are just people that are mentally confused.”

Oh, seeing her photo I was thinking is this the transgendered man she didn't allow in the dressing room or the actual worker.

Edited by QueenBee - Dec 08 2011 at 10:10am
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2011 at 10:08am
1st

Edited by afrokock - Dec 08 2011 at 10:09am
RoxieDream View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoxieDream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2011 at 10:08am
I could see where it would it could make other customers uncomfortable

But if the company policy says it's okay .... I don't really know what's the argue with.

You're not going to get denied access to Heaven because you let a transgendered individual into the dressing room.
sxcnodoubt View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sxcnodoubt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2011 at 10:10am
She was probably jealous b/c he was a more believable woman than her iKid
nikietc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikietc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2011 at 10:11am
those dressing room workers are out of their minds. they really think they're big and bad guarding the dressing room door.
RoxieDream View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoxieDream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2011 at 10:12am
Originally posted by sxcnodoubt sxcnodoubt wrote:

Ouch

LOL
sxcnodoubt View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sxcnodoubt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2011 at 10:17am
She had the security guard/robocop mentality. Now she's at home, unemployed, while the transgendered shopper is gracing some other store/dressing room w/ his presence. SMH
Babydoll9163 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Babydoll9163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2011 at 10:17am
Originally posted by QueenBee QueenBee wrote:

I was with her decision of not allowing a what she thought was a man into the ladies dressing room.  How was it determined he was transgendered?  What is Macy's policy on transgendered customers and dressing room etiquette

However, she may have had a case for herself had she not said "I personally don’t believe in transgenders,” Johnson said. “These are just people that are mentally confused.”

Oh, seeing her photo I was thinking is this the transgendered man she didn't allow in the dressing room or the actual worker.

ITA, especially with the bolded. Insensitive or not there is a safety concern that has to be considered in these types of situations. It doesn't give people a right to discriminate, but I don't think she should have lost her job over this.
slayfresh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slayfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2011 at 10:19am
Originally posted by sxcnodoubt sxcnodoubt wrote:

foreal LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com