Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Curls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Finger Detangling Got my 4c Coils poppin

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
jadorenaturality92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadorenaturality92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finger Detangling Got my 4c Coils poppin
    Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 2:17am
   4c hair has a curl pattern contrary to what we've all been told. Of course it does. 

When I figured that out I was determined to train my coils into visibility. I've been on this finger detangling journey for 6 months now and my curls / coils are poppin and progressing nicely. Through finger detangling I've been able to cut down my styling time because I simply wear twist outs when my hair is not in a protective style. These twist outs last up to 5 days which wasn't even an option with my undefined 4c hair. If you have 4c hair you know one day hair is the safest bet.

Before I wash my hair I detangle using conditioner which is time consuming at first but gets easier and fast as your curls clump and define. Then I put my hair in 12-16 twist to wash, condish, dc if need be, and place all my styling products in my hair with the twist still in. This insures that my hair stays detangled. Then I let it dry and when I take the twist down my curls /coils are stretched and basically styled. 

I call my modified version of the curly girl / tightly curly method the Tightly Coily method because my curls are so tight they are better named coils.

My curls now look like this...

After the first detangling session they looked like this...still poppin 

Check out the video of what they looked like the first time I detangled for more pictures.

So have any of you with 4c hair tried finger detangling? If so what was your experience? I wanna see your results and hear your stories.

Edited by jadorenaturality92 - Jan 04 2014 at 3:21am
Sponsored Links

jadorenaturality92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadorenaturality92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 2:19am
I rewrote it all out after it got deleted the first time. Sigh. Soooo stories!Sleepy

Edited by jadorenaturality92 - Jan 04 2014 at 3:02am
Majesty02 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majesty02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 3:52pm

Your hair is gorgeous. It looks soo thick and healthy, and I love the curl pattern. Thumbs Up

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic