Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Finding out a person u dating is an atheist...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 16>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2013 at 3:52pm
so I'm reading this link and see what ur saying.  It was a book written about him, not an autobiography tho.  So I'm still a bit skeptical

Sponsored Links

beebeexx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beebeexx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2013 at 3:53pm
I like how this thread is half on topic half bickering.

Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2013 at 3:58pm
There were some audio and written text by him as well supporting those views. The last thing he wanted was his ppl to be thought as anything like blacks. Imo he sought the approval of whites more so then he disapprove of their treatment of blacks. He had a stance that was like yes we too are brown but we are not savages like them.

Edited by Gkisses - Feb 24 2013 at 3:59pm
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2013 at 4:02pm
found these quotes...kaffir refers to Africans

Addressing a public meeting in Bombay on Sept. 26 1896 (CW II p. 74), Gandhi said: 

Ours is one continued struggle against degradation sought to be inflicted upon us by the European, who desire to degrade us to the level of the raw Kaffir, whose occupation is hunting and whose sole ambition is to collect a certain number of cattle to buy a wife with, and then pass his life in indolence and nakedness.

In its editorial on the Natal Municipal Corporation Bill, the Indian Opinion of March 18 1905 wrote: 

Clause 200 makes provision for registration of persons belonging to uncivilized races (meaning the local Africans), resident and employed within the Borough. One can understand the necessity of registration of Kaffirs who will not work, but why should registration be required for indentured Indians who have become free, and for their descendants about whom the general complaint is that they work too much? (Italic portion is added) 

The Indian Opinion published an editorial on September 9 1905 under the heading, "The relative Value of the Natives and the Indians in Natal". In it Gandhi referred to a speech made by Rev. Dube, a most accomplished African, who said that an African had the capacity for improvement, if only the Colonials would look upon him as better than dirt, and give him a chance to develop self-respect. Gandhi suggested that "A little judicious extra taxation would do no harm; in the majority of cases it compels the native to work for at least a few days a year." Then he added: 

Edited by ms_wonderland - Feb 24 2013 at 4:03pm
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2013 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

Mahatma Gandhi

another quote I like from Ghandi is

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its
animals are treated

Such wise words from a racist

Smh..
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2013 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

There were some audio and written text by him as well supporting those views. The last thing he wanted was his ppl to be thought as anything like blacks. Imo he sought the approval of whites more so then he disapprove of their treatment of blacks. He had a stance that was like yes we too are brown but we are not savages like them.

I wonder how he would categorize the abuse of women in India today?? These rapes are the acts of savages.
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2013 at 5:42pm
LOL @ this.

That brother was bold... but he answered those questions straight forward.
She seem to assume that he was christian ... like all black people do with other black people.

This had to be produced by Steve Harvey...
soarlikecruz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soarlikecruz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2013 at 5:44pm
this thread seems like it may be interesting. I'll read it later tonight
loveandpeace1984 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote loveandpeace1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2013 at 6:52pm
Yet everyone in that sequence believed in God, but they all have their closets dark secrets pouring out and they think they can judge a man who doesn't believe in a deity. That's insane.
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2013 at 7:19pm
I dated a lotttt of Christians and not once did they care that I was an atheist. I liked that about them.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 16>