Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Products > General Products
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Finally..........Essentious Hair Product Review!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Finally..........Essentious Hair Product Review!!!

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
iluvmyNYstyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmyNYstyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finally..........Essentious Hair Product Review!!!
    Posted: Sep 05 2009 at 2:58pm
Hey Ladies,

I am not down here much but I decided it was time to do my review of the Product giveaway in July. I have used the products a total of 4 times since recieving them and 2 times on my mom. I am currently in the midst of a long term transition (5 months post). Okay on to the reviews of each product I recieved.

1. Gentle Moisturizing Shampoo:
This shampoo smells heavenly. It kind of has a berry/ mango scent. The consistency of the product is very light and liquidy (runny) in warmer temperatures. l Think organic aloe vera gel. Shampoo has a good lather also.  The shampoo gives a real good deep down clean feeling however my hair tangles while shampooing. At first i though b/c of my new growth and the relaxed ends but I feel the product doesn't have enough moisturizing properties in it. The shampoo reminds me of a clarifying poo. I know only use this product when I have alot of product buildup. I must add that my natural new growth hair texture seemed to love it no matter (no tangling) but the relaxed hair definitely didn't (it tangled quite a bit during this process).

Pros: wonderful scent, gives a good deep down clean, great lather, great detangler on new growth texture

Cons: tangles on relaxed hair, too runny in warmer temps.
Would I purchase? Probably not considering the price and I have tried other organic products that have similar results at a lower price

2. Moisture Treatment Conditioner:
OMG I love love love this conditioner.Has a thick consistency. Although the shampoo cause my hair to tangle a bit it seems as though the conditioner melted the tangles away as soon as I applied it through out my hair and comb through with a shower comb. The conditioner has a cake batter/ butter cream scent which amplifies in the shower heat. When used as a deep conditioner it leaves my hair super soft even after rinsing out.

Pros: Lovely scent, great consistency, wonderful moisturizing properties, scent stays in the hair, soft supple hair

Cons: its a lil' pricey $14.00 for 8oz
Would I purchase? Based upon the results yes but I also get similar results besides the smell from ORS replenishing cond which is about $12.00 for 23 oz with both protein and moisturizing properties.
I just may add to my staple products as a back up though.

3. Strenthing protein treatment:
Okay this product smells jut like starburst. After applying this treatment following a shampoo session it also detangles very well which says alot for a protein treatment. I would consider this a light protein treatment. It does make the hair feel stronger after a couple treatments.
Pros: great scent that stays in the hair, good detangler for a protein treatment
Cons: that price omg $12 for 4oz
Would i purchase? No its just too much for a light protein treatment

4. Daily Oil Moisturizer
The product smells nice once again! I use this as a sealant after I have moisturized. I know coconut and jojoba oil is the easiest oils absorb into the hair shaft but using this only as a moisturizer may cause dryness which can lead to breakage.  

Pros: great sealant, smells lovely
Cons: advertised as a moisturizer, price once again
Would I purchase? No, I already own these products  (coconut/jojoba oil) and use them as a sealant.

Overall, If price is no issue and prefer organic products I would reccommend them. Personally, I think the products are great and when I decide to use all organic products I will use these products as a guide to creating homemade products which in the long run will be cheaper than these. My only issue is the price but overall the products do as the company claims.

My overall rating would be a 4 on a 1-5 scale!!!!!!!!!!!Smile
Sponsored Links

Cocoa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2009 at 3:27pm
Thanks for the review.  Im going to do mine in a few weeks.
iluvmyNYstyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmyNYstyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2009 at 7:56pm
No problem...

I must add the shipping was super fast! I believe 2 days after it was announced the products were at my door!
HairIam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairIam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2009 at 10:43am
Thanks for the reviews.
Dehinds View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dehinds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2009 at 10:21pm
Thanks for writing such a thorough review.
shine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2009 at 4:10am
Smile
brenda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2009 at 7:26am
Thanks for the review
TrueEssence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrueEssence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2009 at 7:38am
Thx for the review I think the poo tangles cuz its natural did it give u a filmy feeling after u rinsed it ?
I hv the same result w all natural shampoos and bars I just realized I won't be able to use natural poos until I fully transition
bellahoney View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2009 at 5:38pm
thank you, I have been wondering about the products!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply