Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fight Between Teen Brothers Led To Murder-Suicide
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Fight Between Teen Brothers Led To Murder-Suicide

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fight Between Teen Brothers Led To Murder-Suicide
    Posted: May 27 2014 at 8:05am

Family Members: Fight Between Teen Brothers Led To Murder-Suicide

May 26, 2014 11:07 PM

watch video

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A community came together for a candle light vigil Monday night to remember teenage brothers killed in an apparent murder-suicide.

Family says  Steven Odeus, 14, shot and killed his brother Stanley Blanc, 16, then turned the gun on himself. According to relatives, the boys were fighting over clothing.

Officials said the shooting occurred just after 11 p.m. near on NE 71st Street and 2nd Avenue in Little Haiti.

“It started off as a small petty argument over clothes that escalated into a fight,” said Marc Blanc, the victims’ brother.

“Stanley wanted to wear Steven’s clothes, Steven didn’t want him to,” said Kedner Louis, a family friend.

The argument, according to Blanc, began inside the family’s apartment at the  New Haven Gardens public housing complex. He said family members separated the two, but the fight flared-up again outside.

“Right before my eyes my brother just shot my other brother,” said 18-year-old Mark Blanc who says he witnessed the shooting. “I heard my second brother die because he shot himself,” said Blanc.

After Odeus shot his brother, Blanc said he ran across the apartment complex and took his own life in the parking lot.

Dozens of family members, friends and neighbors prayed for the boys at a vigil Monday, they set up two memorials with teddy bears and balloons at the spots where the two teenage brothers died.

“I feel like a part of me is missing.. they were like little brothers to me,” said Tyquane Williams, a friend of both boys. “I love Y’all, you will always be in my heart and I will never forget y’all.”

Stanley’s girlfriend said he was attending an alternative school in Miami and loved to play football. Family said Steven was scheduled to graduate from junior high in a promotional ceremony at Horace Mann Middle School next month.

“In my mind, I think he didn’t really mean to” said Blanc. “That’s blood, nobody wants to kill their own brother. At the same time I got mixed feelings about a lot of stuff right now.”

Blanc said he feels grief and guilt, saying he wishes he could have done more to save his brothers.

“I’ve been crying a lot,” said Blanc. “I’ve been doing a lot of thinking and I want people to know, love your kids, love one another, don’t sweat the small stuff.”

Blanc said he does not know how his 14-year-old brother got a hold of a gun.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/05/26/family-members-fight-between-brothers-led-to-two-deaths/

Sponsored Links

Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 8:23am
I didn't read it. Though, there was a situation with twin brothers I went to highschool with. The smaller one shot and killed the bigger one (twins still), anyways, the mom never wanted anyone to be in jail or get in trouble and claimed the bigger one always bullied the littler one. It was over $20 smh. 
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 8:24am
Ridiculous. 
Im_oh_so_hott View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Im_oh_so_hott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 9:09am
Sigh
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 9:27am
over some damn clothes?
some folk should have just stayed sheet stains...
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 12:53pm
Sad for a Mom to lose 2 kids in one day.

More hurtful, is that one of her own kids caused both deaths.
All this over clothes !!!

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 2:07pm
Man we used to fight over clothes when we were younger also, but nothing that serious.

Fight
Me-Why did you were my shirt
sis-I didn't wear your shirt
Me-yes you did cos I smell the arm pits
sis-you can't prove it was meStern Smile
Me-I just washed this shirt

tug.... pull.... then we are both back in the kitchen asking for rice and stew. Nothing ever that serious to kill over.

RIP to those 2 brothers.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 2:18pm
Over clothes? They're kidding, right???
Being named "Blanc" must have influenced this outcome
what the hell is in the Miami water?

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - May 27 2014 at 2:19pm
mzsophisticated View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzsophisticated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 2:26pm
So sad over some outfits damn...people let anger get the best of them
Immie89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Immie89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 3:25pm
Ridiculous, children killing children....and I bet people will not blame it on guns.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic