It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
camille07 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2010 at 9:16am
yeah, xam, i think it is prolapsed as well, but of course when my doctor looks inside using a speculum, the speculum holds things things up. i am just avoiding going to a gyno. i don't feel like dealing with this, and certainly not with surgery, but the past six months have just been hell on earth. i'm just at the point now where it's not avoidable because i can no longer sleep for more than 4 or 5 hours a night because of the pain.

this is a good thread and i'm learning a lot, thanks to everyone who shared their stories!
Sponsored Links

LiberianQueen83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2010 at 9:20am
Camille I am having a lot of the same symptoms as you and have been avoiding the gyno for over a year now.  I'm 80% sure I have a large fibroid....everyone in ym family has them.

I'm making an appointment today.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2010 at 9:21am

4 of my close friends had/have them.  3 had them removed.  the other one is afraid to...and hers are now the size of a grapefruit...Cry

uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2010 at 9:51am
The thread hurts my heart.  A few women in my family suffer from this, luckily neither me or my mother do.  I hope you ladies all get to the bottom of it quickly.  
val48066 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2010 at 10:15am
Originally posted by camille07 camille07 wrote:

yeah, xam, i think it is prolapsed as well, but of course when my doctor looks inside using a speculum, the speculum holds things things up. i am just avoiding going to a gyno. i don't feel like dealing with this, and certainly not with surgery, but the past six months have just been hell on earth. i'm just at the point now where it's not avoidable because i can no longer sleep for more than 4 or 5 hours a night because of the pain.

this is a good thread and i'm learning a lot, thanks to everyone who shared their stories!

Camille, perhaps you should find another gyno. A speculum will not prevent a doctor from disagnosing a prolapsed uterus. Does your doctor do a complete pelvic exam or just looking with a speculum?
EasterBell View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2010 at 10:18am
Originally posted by kaai kaai wrote:

easterbell,
 your friend loss so much blood that she became anemic.
 your cycle can go from 25 days to 15 days until u bleed for weeks. u cant ignore them they wont let you...

I called them demon w a knife inside of me! cutting me up!!!LOL

oh ok.. Not quite sure what fibroids are about, but I am learning through this topic..
camille07 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2010 at 10:44am
lq, my gyno office is really big and i hate calling them to schedule an appointment because they always have you on hold 50-11 times before they can get you in, and it's just too stressful, and frankly, i get tired so damn easily, i don't have the energy for it, but i'm trying to get in to see someone.

of course i want to find a different gyno, but who has the energy for that?
Becky View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2010 at 10:51am
I have them too! I have about 8 tumos which are about 1- 2 cmm each ... which is tiny.

Almost all my girlfriends had them when we were in our 30's .. but I started getting them about 4 years ago when I was 51.

Heavy, painful periods and I refuse to mess up my sex life!

They don't CUT in this country unless they grow too big and cause other problems. This is fine with me.

My doctor has me on the Birth control pills always - meaning no 7 day break.

If I stay on the pill - every day and every 3 - 4 months I either have some breakthrough bleeding or bad cramps and when that happens, I just stop with the pill and have a heavy period for 10 -14 days. Then I go back on the pill again ... and have no period for another 3 - 4 months.

I have some meds for the pain and some meds to stem the heavy flow.

These 2 things have made this problem very, very minimal so I have a normal life.

camille07 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2010 at 10:59am
becky, i'm going to try birth control once i give up smoking. i think it is worth trying, despite me not liking the health risks.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2010 at 11:04am
i suffered from fibroids. i tried herbal remedies at first.  last year they started growing at a rapid rate making my stomach look as if i were 5 months pregnant.  because of the size of the fibroids my only options were a hysterectomy or a myomectomy.  i decided on a myomectomy to have them removed when i started having trouble getting out of bed.
a myomectomy is major surgery make sure you do you research before choosing any of the the options.  it was absolutely the most painful experience ive had in my life.  and the recovery time is long.
if you can catch them while they are a small you should.  dont ignore them and think that they'll just go away because they will more likely just keep growing until your options become limited.

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic