Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - feminism is to blame for breakdown of the family
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

feminism is to blame for breakdown of the family

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 1:18pm
Do you really think that's why already proud good providing fathers would leave their families?

Ehhhh

I think the breakdown happened elsewhere
Sponsored Links

blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

Originally posted by Lhdc2011 Lhdc2011 wrote:

I saw the documentary "What Men Think" and it briefly explained that welfare was the cause of destruction of the Black family. I'd rather see that thought more deeply explored.

truth.

Black families were given a greater amount of monetary assistance from uncle sam if the father left the family. And so continued our down ward spiral
Yup
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Do you really think that's why already proud good providing fathers would leave their families?

Ehhhh

people did what they had to do.
if you were a black man during that time would you stay even if it meant your family had to be on the brink of starving and homelessness? (which im sure was not every black family's situation, but it is true for many) You would let your pride stand in the way of your hungry kids?
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 1:22pm
Completely agree

Something else in the water ain't right

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Ehhhh

eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 1:23pm
what are your theories?
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 1:23pm
I'm gonna look more into where the drop off came, when it started, and the other factors.

I'm not dismissing it but I dont think I'm sold on it completely .
I've heard the argument before but idk
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 1:25pm
I wont deny the possibility that other factors may have come into play, its quite plausible actually.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 1:34pm
Probably more to do with the recession. 
KinksnWinks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KinksnWinks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

I don't think it's about avoiding blame, but sharing blame.  I'm not even sure "blame" is the right word.  Societies change and there are consequences good and bad.  Everyone has to learn to adapt.  I understand it being frustrating in a lot of topics, but this one..I don't really think we can look at the problem without including men in the discussion.  

im not saying don't include the men but they are not the only one at fault...blame might not be the right word so im going to use acknowledge we have to acknowledge our part in the breakdown as well,
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 2:59pm
Reminds me of Alice Walker and her daughter. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>