Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Shape Me Perfect
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - feminism is to blame for breakdown of the family
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

feminism is to blame for breakdown of the family

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Perfect Hair Collection

Curl Keeper
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 12:44pm
If you read what she said you would see that it wasn't really that incendiary .
She talked about the importance of extended families, same sex families.

She only conceded that at the height of the feminist movement the campaigners may have neglected family.

I don't see the problem with making connections there might be more to it but connections are interesting and lead to other interesting findings
Hell air conditioners are blamed for the demise of community and neighborhood.
And I can see the connection there too

Edited by jonesable - Jan 04 2013 at 12:46pm
Sponsored Links

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Immie89 Immie89 wrote:

What is she talking about?? Feminism is not the one to blame for breakdowns in families it's capitalism and media...bullsh*t

Please explain.
Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 1:03pm
When it comes to family problems women are always to blame. Its like people forget men exist and can have impact when this topic comes up.

IMO the feminist SAHM mom thing seems very white to me. I just can't imagine black women, as broke as they were, being able to just be SAHMs. I feel like a majority of black women always had to work and that was a #whitewomanproblem.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Samoneisthebest Samoneisthebest wrote:

When it comes to family problems women are always to blame. Its like people forget men exist and can have impact when this topic comes up.

IMO the feminist SAHM mom thing seems very white to me. I just can't imagine black women, as broke as they were, being able to just be SAHMs. I feel like a majority of black women always had to work and that was a #whitewomanproblem.

Of course feminism is white.
Lhdc2011 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lhdc2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 1:13pm
I saw the documentary "What Men Think" and it briefly explained that welfare was the cause of destruction of the Black family. I'd rather see that thought more deeply explored.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 1:16pm
I would love to hear more about that bc on its face I disagree
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Lhdc2011 Lhdc2011 wrote:

I saw the documentary "What Men Think" and it briefly explained that welfare was the cause of destruction of the Black family. I'd rather see that thought more deeply explored.

truth.

Black families were given a greater amount of monetary assistance from uncle sam if the father left the family. And so continued our down ward spiral
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 1:18pm
Do you really think that's why already proud good providing fathers would leave their families?

Ehhhh

I think the breakdown happened elsewhere
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

Originally posted by Lhdc2011 Lhdc2011 wrote:

truth.

Black families were given a greater amount of monetary assistance from uncle sam if the father left the family. And so continued our down ward spiral
Yup
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Do you really think that's why already proud good providing fathers would leave their families?

Ehhhh

I think the breakdown happened elsewhere

people did what they had to do.
if you were a black man during that time would you stay even if it meant your family had to be on the brink of starving and homelessness? (which im sure was not every black family's situation, but it is true for many) You would let your pride stand in the way of your hungry kids?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Blushing Bundles
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Next Hair Extensions