Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Female Editors Pay Was 100K Less Than Counterpart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Female Editors Pay Was 100K Less Than Counterpart

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 11:19am
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Just my opinion though...If I feel like I'm not making enough I'm gonna step and do what I need to do to make more. I'm not factoring anyone else into it.

It will take you less than a year of putting out higher quality work and having more "respect" than any of your peers on the same level before you start asking why your title/compensation isn't higher than theirs. Either that or you'll get frustrated and self sabotage because you are waiting on someone to notice.

Edited by melikey - May 16 2014 at 11:21am
Sponsored Links

lumii18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote lumii18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 11:22am
Lmfao @ doing what you have to do. You could be the most and the white man doing the least would still get paid more.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 11:23am
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Just my opinion though...If I feel like I'm not making enough I'm gonna step and do what I need to do to make more. I'm not factoring anyone else into it.

Have your heard about the glass ceiling?
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 11:24am
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 11:43am
lol..
I don't see why y'all get so concerned over my opinion...especially when I put "just my opinion" if you don't agree...don't agree and move on...
I'm not explaining any further...I don't care enough..
I'm 100% sure she was satisfied and would have been fine with what she was making until she got a glance of what her male counterpart was making. Worry about yourself. Not about what other people are doing/making. If you're not satisfied with where you are do something about it. I hate people that are always looking over their shoulder trying to see what the next person is doing.
If that doesn't make sense then I'm sorry. *shrugs*

Edited by ModelessDiva - May 16 2014 at 11:50am
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 11:54am
if a woman in leadership is getting short changed then that's a corporate culture thing that carries over to all women in the organization 

This needs to be out in the open, and hopefully since her role is high profile it'll make it easier for the rest of us to not need a lawyer/investigation to know whether we're getting stiffed. 

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 11:58am
"just be satisfied with what you get" 

goes against everything I believe
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 11:59am
Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

goes against everything I believe
Hush up Ricky! You ain't the yt man's equal! Take the yt man's scraps and be happy. 

Edited by carolina cutie - May 16 2014 at 12:00pm
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">goes against everything I believe</span>
That's because you are throw back black, the new black ain't got time to be going against the grain.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic