Perfect Hair Collection

Federal Jobs in Nursing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
dreamz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dreamz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 3:45pm
In what world does a va nurse make more than civilians?

Honeyb have u talked to someone currently working? Their workloads are brutal, similar to ltc workloads. I wish u luck if its what u want to do though.
Sponsored Links

honeyb87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote honeyb87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by dreamz dreamz wrote:

In what world does a va nurse make more than civilians?

Honeyb have u talked to someone currently working? Their workloads are brutal, similar to ltc workloads. I wish u luck if its what u want to do though.

I checked the salary and it's pretty decent considering my living situation and having no children.

I don't know any nurses in my circle but I'm going up there tomorrow to chat with some LOL I'm def. doing my research.
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 10:12pm
I don't think it's the federally employed nurses making more but the ones who work for the VA but are hired by outside contractors.  I'm a civilian nurse and one of my coworkers came from the VA and went back.  She did say the workload was the reason she left in the first place but ultimately she made more money there.  *shrugs*  
honeyb87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeyb87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 10:56pm
I don't mind the workload at all. They show the actual shifts that you will be working and I like that it starts really early, so as to avoid traffic lol. 
kkscottdale View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kkscottdale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 2:06am
I work in a regular hospital in Metro ATL(PM me for details if you want) as a nurse tech( similar to CNA) and I heard that the VA can be hard like LTC. I heard the VA in Decatur has a No-Lift Team, so that should save your back because there might be many heavy, immobile patients over there. I have never been there, but I heard VA nurse to patient ratio are higher. I worked in a nursing home before and I got out there quick as soon as I got some experience to get into the hospital.

Good luck to you!
ScorpioLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 2:56am
I'm happy I read this, I'm in nursing school now. 1 more year to go for these types of jobs
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic