BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

February Beauty & Health Plans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tarah86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarah86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 7:29pm
I need to get my Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser (seeing little bumps in my face). I use my cocoa butter mixture, which is doing great for evening out my skin and getting rid of my scars. I use coconut oil on my nails to grow them quickly and around my eyes to get the redness out. Also, I into painting my nails so I'm doing this for the month. I'm blending my lipsticks and lip gloss to get new colors (still need to use them up).

Hair:
Using my Soft & Precious Detangling Spray, water, cocoa butter mixture, and my oil mix(EVOO, EVCO, peppermint oil, avocado oil, grapeseed oil, safflower oil). To moisturize my hair and it's working for the winter weather. I also apply EVCO on certain parts of my scalp to keep it from drying out.

Health:
Trying to cut out High Fructose Corn Syrup from diet, and I'm doing good since I lost 11lbs so far this year. But it has been hard when I look at my favorite sodas. So I try to get alcohol-free cider as a substitute. Eh, when it goes flat it'll taste like a fruit juice.
Sponsored Links

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 7:33pm
Skin: Macadamia oil and soy butter.....and full body chemical peels.
Face: I need a good eye cream......suggestions?
Body: Maybe: Black girls work out too and Bodied by J packets
Omarion` View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omarion` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 7:50pm
i need to deep condition my hair more, i haven't found the perfect dc yet but i have done a good job with protective styles lately! i wanna start running again. i feel like im fully healed so its time to jump back into it. when it gets warmer i wanna buy a jogging stroller and take my daughter out.

chrissypoo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrissypoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 7:54pm
I just started using the raw african roap from coastal scents and WOW nothing else has worked this well for me before. I wasn't expecting it to be that great because in the past I've tried the Dudu Osun black soap which didn't do much for me. It's only been a lil over a week and I'm getting no more new pimples or emerging pimples (even when I cut out the acne cream which really surprised me), smaller pores, overall smoother glowing skin, and the scars are fading! I love it! It was only 12$ + shipping and it's going to last forever, and I am so happy I don't have to waste anymore money (over 100$ per refill) on that prescription acne cream which wasn't really working that well anyways because I was still getting pimples. I also read that benzoyl peroxide makes you more prone to dark marks and skin cancer so I am so happy that I won't need to use it anymore to keep pimples at bay.

I read on LHCF that adding salt to your DC helps make your hair softer and I tried it and it really works! So I'll be incorporating that into my hair routine as well.

Edited by chrissypoo - Feb 07 2013 at 8:05pm
Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss SDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 10:11pm

Face: I have switched from my benzol peroxide cleanser for my acne to my peppermint castille soap.. My face is responding great to it! My nose isn't oily at all anymore!!! My nose used to look like an oil slick it was so oily!! I did a aztec clay mask yesterday and my face was so red from it that I looked like a sunburn victim!!!  I had to go to work with my face glowing red! Sometimes the clay pulls so hard that a few of my pores would bleed. Acne scars are fading.. FINALLY!! After a year. I will probably do another TCA peel tomorrow since it has been a few weeks since my last one. My face laughs at 21% TCA now..

Hair:been wearing my hair in a marley hair bun. People have complimented me on it. About to go back in a sew in probably in about another 2 weeks.. My hair is growing..

Body: still been working out. Aiming for another 10 pounds this month. I am not sure how much I weigh now since I gave my scale to my sister to keep me from using it. I have lost an inch in my waist though.. Going to continue to go even harder at the gym. I need my body right by my birthday in July. But I am noticing subtle changes. I am getting stronger.. I am happy.
HaitianLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HaitianLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 11:47pm
skin- Ive been using my prescription 0.05 Tretinoin cream and Clindamycin solution faithfully since early december. My skin finally has zero bumpsClap. Im so happy i could cry. Seriously. Ive been dealing with moderate to sever acne since I was 13. Im 19 now. My face was riddled with bumps. finally its clear. now im left with battle scarsOuch Thanks to regular exfoliation with queen helen products and the tretinoin cream(which from my research is pretty much the same as retin a), i dont have any really dark spots. My skin more has like a blotchy uneven look to it which is equally as unattractive. Hopefully with time it will even out. Th skin on my body has always been rough, but this year i call it my Transformation Year. Im paying more attention to myself to blossom into a beautiful womanEmbarrassed. So im trying to make my skin softer. Ive been using Palmers coco butter, the one in the little jar. It has been working but i feel that its to heavy. I live in florida and it makes me feel really greasy.

Hair- I started a 1 year protective style challenge feb 2012 so i would have ended by now. But my natural hair still isnt the length i want it to be so im extending it until like march or april.

Health- Ive been taking my gummy vitamins daily. Those delicious bastard are the highlight of my day. I have to tell myself not to take more than the recommended amount. I cant tell if they've made a difference  but im sure its causing no harm. Im still taking my chewable Iron tablets 2x a day and 5x a day when im on my menstruation. They taste great and im not constipated at all. Its only been a month so i cant tell any big changes yet, in a few months ill go to the doc to check my iron levels to see if my anemia is in check. Lastly i want to start exercising again. maybe some light running everyday. Im not working and go to school 2x a week. Ive been too stagnant. I need to move around more. I literally sit on my laptop all day. I want to lose about 20lbs pounds. taking me from 150-130 or 125 lbs. I dont have any specific deadline in mind,so i dont mind if it takes all year to slowly get there.

Edited by HaitianLuv - Feb 07 2013 at 11:49pm
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 2:36am
Well, my hair is less voluminous, thanks to my recent discovery of jojoba oil. It helped a lot! Better than moroccan oil. And much cheaper too.
I have some pimples on my face (warning me that my period is due soon) but since I have started using this sample from Sephora of the Clinique repairwear laser corrector, I noticed a slightly difference on my laugh lines.
I am glad they will refill it for another 2 weeks, so I can be sure if it's worth to buy it!
I also found this good cocoa butter body lotion from Now that is 100% cocoa, smell delicious and moisturizes really well.

No other updates so far Cry
leftywefty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leftywefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 7:28am
At least 1 meal a day is raw vegetables. It's really quite delicious and energizing to have for lunch. I didn't realize how much I enjoy asparagus.
Dapheny View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dapheny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 8:05am
Green smoothies
Clean Eating
Cardio when I can
Serious Skincare Serious Skin Detailer Facial Peel (weekly)
Exfoliating with a body brush
Symba Bleaching Cream (for dark marks)
Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 9:52am
1) I'm currently using castor oil and Proactiv cleanser to wash my face.  Once a day at night.  just wrinse my face in the morning.  Status:  So far its working.  Normally around my monthly, i have severe breakouts.  I'm currently on my monthly now and no severe breakouts yet.  *Knocks on wood*.Tongue

2)  Using a facial brush at night to penetrate my problem areas...my chin and forehead.  Once at night only. Status:  Its working with step 1 and it also makes my face super smooth and soft.  It significantly reduced the acne on my chin.

3) I will use grapeseed oil and/or olive oil to hydrate and minimize oil production on my face.   Status:  Haven't tried it yet.  Will run to the health store on my lunch break and snag a couple of bottles.

4) For dark marks removal, i just started combining hydroquinone 4% prescription cream and Ambi bleaching cream....Yeah i know it sounds excessive but I'm determined to get rid of a couple of dark marks on my face before Valentine's day.  Using it twice a day.  Status:  I noticed the marks under my chin are disappearing.  Still working to get the mark on my cheek to disappear....Ouch

I just started noticing bags under my eyes.  Sigh -perhaps it's from staring at a computer screen for too many hours. So I need something to reduce these bags....I'm searching for a solution right now.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic