BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Favorite flatiron

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 10:35am
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Originally posted by Bribby Bribby wrote:

How do yall clean your flat irons? How often?

I clean all of my hot tools very often. I wipe them with a cloth with 91% alcohol so that they stay clean and look new with zero residue/product buildup.

Not like a lysol cloth or anything though? Like those wippies they give you after you eat ribs?

Ours have a lot of build up now due to not cleaning it properly I believe. It makes a smell some times
Sponsored Links

Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 10:51am
How do y'all like these compared to the old school stove flat iron/hot comb method?

I had a flat iron I got from Sally's and although it got straight, it never gave me that SWANG, and it gave me straight thin ends from heat damage. It also never got my roots right, so it was always just a little poofy. I never had issues aside from occasional split ends with the stove iron.

I've been natural for a while and want to occasionally flat iron but I want to invest ONE time.

Anyone have any insight?
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Miss B Miss B wrote:

How do y'all like these compared to the old school stove flat iron/hot comb method?

I had a flat iron I got from Sally's and although it got straight, it never gave me that SWANG, and it gave me straight thin ends from heat damage. It also never got my roots right, so it was always just a little poofy. I never had issues aside from occasional split ends with the stove iron.

I've been natural for a while and want to occasionally flat iron but I want to invest ONE time.

Anyone have any insight?

I have heat damage on the top of my head right now (not breakage, but permanently straight ends) b/c of my hairstylist insisting on using a hot comb when she did my hair b4 a holiday party.

I think that a hot comb is fine for a person with unrelaxed hair that never wears an afro, but I like to go back and forth from afro to bone straight to heavily textured and afro again, so I dont want to take the risk with a stove iron again.

My hair gets permanently straight any time the tool is over 420F. My heat threshold is 410F, so I try to stay well under that.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 9:30pm

How do yall clean your flat irons? How often?

I clean all of my hot tools very often. I wipe them with a cloth with 91% alcohol so that they stay clean and look new with zero residue/product buildup.

Not like a lysol cloth or anything though? Like those wippies they give you after you eat ribs?

Ours have a lot of build up now due to not cleaning it properly I believe. It makes a smell some times

IMO, a lysol cloth or a hand wipe most likely would not cut through any product residue.
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 10:04pm
some beauticians use a bit of relaxer on a warm iron, then wipe off. 
kerysdream7 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerysdream7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 8:57am
Finally got around to calling Izunami. They said you don't have to send in your old flat iron. Just send a pic with the cord cut & they'll email a 50% of coupon in 2 days.

Edited by kerysdream7 - May 29 2014 at 8:58am
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 10:14am
Originally posted by kerysdream7 kerysdream7 wrote:

Finally got around to calling Izunami. They said you don't have to send in your old flat iron. Just send a pic with the cord cut & they'll email a 50% of coupon in 2 days.

Thanks for checking!Clap

Edited by NJHairLuv - May 29 2014 at 10:17am
aNgElIc*SoUl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aNgElIc*SoUl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by aNgElIc*SoUl aNgElIc*SoUl wrote:

Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

FHI Platform
Babyliss Pro

...in that order

This.

As for heat protectants, I haven't been able to find one remotely comparable to Chi silk infusion since they changed their formula.

Fukkers! Threw off my whole hair journey.

Would ya'll believe some heffa had the NERVE to steal my flatiron from MY house?! I posted this 3 days ago! That's the thanks I get for trying to have a friendship witcho ass?
aNgElIc*SoUl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aNgElIc*SoUl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 9:43pm
Don't know what to get now. Another Platform, Croc, Izunami?
kerysdream7 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerysdream7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 10:10pm

Originally posted by kerysdream7 kerysdream7 wrote:

Thanks for checking!Clap
You're welcome
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon