BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Favorite Charities

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Ds2nice Ds2nice wrote:

A lot of crooked activity takes place in charities/non-for-profit foundations.  Very little money goes to the people/animals in need.  Most of the money seems to fall into the less-needy hands. .

YES YES YES

Never trust big organizations for animals such as: PETA, Humane Society, ASPCA, Bideawee, they are all bad and they euthanize pitbulls! I understand that there are some violent pits, but they never give them a chance! So fvck them!

Bad organizations for humans: Operation Smile, Locks for Love, Red Cross,  any organization that supposedly helped Haiti after the earthquake (I used to have a list of them, but lost it), pretty much any big organization that claims to help kids in South/Central American countries is fake. I don't care if they send you every month a pic of those kids, it does not mean there aren't another 10k people receiving the exact same pic.

Giving your change to supermarkets that ask you to help is not a smart choice, because they use your donations to make their donation and with that they are the ones getting a tax relief due to donations (and you don't even know how much was given to them to "donate" to those charities and how much they kept for themselves).

I like small charities and I always search for reviews because even the small ones can be bad.

Some that are good: One Tail at a Time (Chicago), Midnight Mission (skid row LA), Tiffany McBee's Broken Hearts (rescued pits that were used for fighting when there was a big breakdown of one a few years ago), Kidsave (helps L.A. foster children be adopted or to have a lifelong adult connection in their life to help them out with opening bank account, etc; helps Colombian and Russian kids be adopted).....
Sponsored Links

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 4:50pm
ahh for meaningful travel.   I do see value in seeing how others live, it can be eye opening and you learn so much about your grit

I pay school fees for a few kids with great potential and little means ... I pay the school through the bank directly because I didn't feel right about the charity that brought them to my attention

I've had my concerns too about how much goes to the people in need, which is why I focus on local giving/volunteering 

Edited by rickysrose - Jun 23 2014 at 4:56pm
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 4:56pm
I agree with local charities. These can also be more rewarding since they are in your own community. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 4:57pm
dont know if I'd call it volunteering but I give bloodtggh the red cross regularly because I have a common blood type
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 4:57pm
I was right giddy when I finally weighed enough to donate blood. Until then I always worked the blood drives but couldn't donate.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 4:59pm
Coco, I would suggest you try something a little closer to home before you embark on the international volunteer work.

The experience of volunteering from sunup til sundown in weather you're not used to, food you're not used to, and difficult conditions (no or limited access to running water, using an outhouse or worse, sleeping in stifling heat under mosquito nets,e tc) can be really really harsh. Exhaustion, undernourishment, and straight up stress will get you.

I'd try doing something outside of your comfort zone...like working all day at a farm or habitat for humanity but in a hot/humid place first.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

I was right giddy when I finally weighed enough to donate blood. Until then I always worked the blood drives but couldn't donate.

Show off!   They keep calling me to come back because of my weight DeadLOL and my blood type lol
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 5:31pm
definitely showing off! Hard as I worked to get there lol. I'm proud.

Edited by PurplePhase - Jun 23 2014 at 5:31pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123