Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Favorite Charities

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favorite Charities
    Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 1:25pm
What are your favorite charities to donate time and/or money to?
Sponsored Links

_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 1:25pm
You can donate to the ConcreteRose fund. It's to help a needy college student pay her tuition and buy some kink curly hair.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 2:12pm
I have quite a few ... but Shared Hope is #1

What are yours Jasmine?

_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 2:13pm
Oh, but to actually answer the question: I volunteer for "high need" high school tutoring math. I also volunteer in a minority STEM organization. And I coordinate donations on campus for a woman's shelter

Edited by _ConcreteRose_ - Jun 23 2014 at 2:14pm
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 2:31pm
you want names or causes? These days they are mostly charities that I deal with/represent personally so I won't name them. But  one of my biggies is a tutoring and mentoring program for high school   students  preparing them for college.  Also personally provide scholarships.

Back in my younger college days a few were--
uncf & united way 
adult literacy
dnc/voter reg/polls
big sister
any hiv/aids cause (in the 80's)

2 hbcus 
wherever I've lived, I always found the nearest nursing home and hospital to volunteer

rohan View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rohan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 2:45pm
Planned Parenthood.  I've given them the most this year.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 2:51pm
A lot of the places I donate to wouldn't be considered charities.  I've donated to Planned Parenthood, Crash Course via Subbable, and I always help out wikipedia and codecademy.  I generally work for non-profits when I seek employment.   

Looking for a specific charity has been overwhelming. I go to Charity Navigator and just get lost.  I trust a lot of the women here to find good, quality organizations that help causes that matter.  Thumbs Up

ETA:  I trust the women and men* Big smile

Edited by JasmineE02 - Jun 23 2014 at 2:52pm
rohan View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rohan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

A lot of the places I donate to wouldn't be considered charities.  I've donated to Planned Parenthood, Crash Course via Subbable, and I always help out wikipedia and codecademy.  I generally work for non-profits when I seek employment.   

Looking for a specific charity has been overwhelming. I go to Charity Navigator and just get lost.  I trust a lot of the women here to find good, quality organizations that help causes that matter.  Thumbs Up

ETA:  I trust the women and men* Big smile

Codecademy is dope!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 3:07pm
It is!  I'm really pleased that people are investing in technological know-how for everyone. Clap
Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 3:15pm
A lot of crooked activity takes place in charities/non-for-profit foundations.  Very little money goes to the people/animals in need.  Most of the money seems to fall into the less-needy hands. 
About 10 years ago, I used to audit foundations and charitable organizations and was shocked to learn about their practices.  Most of the time, the government doesn't do enough due diligence to check up on the larger organizations and should provide stricter rules to regulate them.
I would rather give my money directly to the needy rather than give a dime to a charity.  But that's my opinion and from my own personal experiences.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic