Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Faux knot bleaching, skin sheets for closures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dreamz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote dreamz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Faux knot bleaching, skin sheets for closures
    Posted: Jan 24 2012 at 9:39pm
spinning of from sugabanana's thread by request:

ok chickadees, i threw this together, my faux knot bleaching & skin sheets quick demo. pics may be big and/or blurry, but..................deal with it. Cool

this is relevant to the weave section because so many of us wear closures or frontals, but my pics are on a lacefront.  i found all my info after hours of research in the lacefront sectins and found these tips in posts by sexibeach.  here we go:

i've spent around a grand on 3 wigs in the last few weeks, i'm not willing to eff up my investment by overbleaching my knots and prematurely balding these units, so i'm trying faux bleaching.  this is my first time, its not perfect, but we were talking about it, so i thought we could learn together. Tongue

i use the sally hansen airbrush for legs in tan glow.  it's a spray and goes on THICK, it looks like foundation when it goes on, so you have to use it very lightly.  i dabbed my drips up, they didnt stain anything.  the bit that gets on the hair rubs off easily:

spray it on the inside of the lace, go lightly and try to go evenly:

here's my results, i didn't clean up the overspray because i wanted to get this up tonite.  my knots hadn't been bleached or treated at all.z;

the sally's makes the grids very visible to me, so i tried sexi's skin sheets method:

unpeel it and stick it onto the lace.  i dont know how or why the hairs don't stick to it, but mine didn't.  they also peel off easily without damaging the lace.  here's  a piece lightly applied to a piece of lace:

i pressed it in on this pic so you can see how, with pressure, the skin sheets fill the grids and you have a seamless scalp appearance.  

i use the skin sheets because i absolutely hate wearing things under my closures or wigs, i just hate the pressure of wig caps and stockings.

hope this is helpful to someone, give it a try, if you dn't like it, the sally's washes out after a couple shampoos.

Edited by dreamz - Jan 24 2012 at 9:41pm
Sponsored Links

GOBLUE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GOBLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2012 at 9:57pm
Thanks for the info!  I will have to give this a try.
TexasPearl22 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TexasPearl22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2012 at 10:02pm
That along with the colored iron on patches are my go to methods when I'm lazy. Works like a charm.
lasea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lasea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2012 at 10:07pm
Amazing!
Prtybrwneye_z View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prtybrwneye_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2012 at 10:14pm
Great info. Thx for sharing. Quick question...how does the skin sheets work on closures. Specifically does it hold up with washing etc. since the closure is sewn down. Does it lift after awhile or need to be replaced? TIA
fakehoos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakehoos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2012 at 10:19pm
Looks good wonder what it looks like when applied I do not like to pull out a whole system to faux bleach. Also how do yout stop it from looking orange what color did you get. Down with the third degree for now.
dreamz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2012 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by Prtybrwneye_z Prtybrwneye_z wrote:

Great info. Thx for sharing. Quick question...how does the skin sheets work on closures. Specifically does it hold up with washing etc. since the closure is sewn down. Does it lift after awhile or need to be replaced? TIA

sooner or later they need to be replaced, i washed the ones i have on twice so far without any issues yet. according to the insert, moisture, as long as you dont apply cream or oils should enhance it's adhesive property.  i only use one or two sheets in the area that i'm going to be parting.  the ones that i have are 1.5x3".
Prtybrwneye_z View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prtybrwneye_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2012 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by dreamz dreamz wrote:

Originally posted by Prtybrwneye_z Prtybrwneye_z wrote:

sooner or later they need to be replaced, i washed the ones i have on twice so far without any issues yet. according to the insert, moisture, as long as you dont apply cream or oils should enhance it's adhesive property.  i only use one or two sheets in the area that i'm going to be parting.  the ones that i have are 1.5x3".

Ok. Thanks!
dreamz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2012 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by fakehoos fakehoos wrote:

Looks good wonder what it looks like when applied I do not like to pull out a whole system to faux bleach. Also how do yout stop it from looking orange what color did you get. Down with the third degree for now.

i might apply tomorrow, but i'm not sure yet.  when i do, i'll update with a pic. i bought tan glow, they have a med glow and a dark glow, but i'm very light complexioned:

i think the skin sheets being a beige color tones down any orange tint from the tanner
missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyo67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2012 at 10:38pm

Thanks Dreamz..... you are kinda "glow in the dark" complexion. LOL I always tell my friends they are "see thru" LMAO.  

Did you get the sheets from CVS??  I remember NadiaPost mentioned this a while ago and I never found them (when I remembered to look).  I wanna take my closure off and add clips and the sheets.  I didn't put a stocking underneath and I would rather do this.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic