Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
MsBella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Faux Fro Update - Review + Photos
    Posted: Jul 15 2015 at 10:57pm
For some reason I cant edit my first thread Ermm but I went ahead and bought the hair after I made my original post

Hey everyone! I was itching to try this hair out back so in April I made the purchase. I will say, if you guys need the hair in a specific time frame or are expecting a timely delivery, I would look for another company. The hair is good but the customer service and delivery time are both pretty bad. I ordered on April 21.  Their site said 3 days for processing and 5-7 days for delivery. So I estimated that I would have the hair in about 10 days. I didnt receive a tracking number after the 10 days had passed so I had to contact them asking when the hair would arrive. I did not receive the hair until May 15, which COMPLETELY threw a wrench in my plans. My birthday was May 16th and my college graduation was on the 17th so I thought I ordered the bundles in time to have my hair done at the beginning of the week (which was around the 11th). I couldn't book an appointment because I didn't know when the bundles would come in. They have this system where they send out an email that your hair is shipped but it actually isn't (its just their shipping sticker being printed). Sigh. Just thinking about is stressing me out all over again! LOL It was a horrible horrible experience especially since I was stressing about whether or not my hair would be done in my graduation pictures. Ill always have another birthday but graduating from college is a huge deal. More so for my mom who's been obsessing about it. The craziest thing about this situation was, I don't even think the hair would have reached me until the 16th if I didn't send extra money to have the hair overnighted.  I was really excited for Faux Fro as a company and I typically support small businesses (especially small black businesses) BUT I probably will never order from this company again until they get their business together. I understand it is a new company but I was just expecting more. Maybe I should've listened to @spencer4hire 

On to the review!

3 bundles of hair were purchased in the texture 'Lust' in the lengths of 
18 ($145)
22 ($165)
24 ($175) 

I actually straightened the hair and wand curled it a few times before I wore it in it's natural texture. It does not straighten well. It will not get bone straight. When it's flat ironed, it looks like kinky straight weave. The hair holds curls okay. If you curl it in the morning around 10am, it will definitely fall by 6pm, which is pretty normal I guess. The texture is dead on for my natural texture, which is a mix between 4a and 3c. Since the hair is super thick, you can definitely get away with 2 bundles if you choose lengths under 20.

Overall the hair is amazing. It behaves just like natural hair. It does tangle, but only as much as your natural hair would. This is the type of hair that you really have to treat like the hair on your hair. After applying tons of heat to it and washing it, I was super shocked when the curls returned just as the looked when the hair was initially shampooed

How a bundle looked straight out of the box

Wet

Damp

Fully Dried

Texture Shot

Fresh Wand Curls

Day Old Wand Curls

Day Old Wand Curls

After my first install with the hair, I made a flip over wig for my second install (Will post more pics soon)

Edited by MsBella - Jul 15 2015 at 10:58pm
Sponsored Links

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2015 at 11:12pm
Beautiful. But too rich for my blood. They charging EP prices.
Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2015 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Beautiful. But too rich for my blood. They charging EP prices.

Pretty much what I thought.

Your install is lovely, and I especially love the wand curls. Did you blow it out or flat iron it before wand curling?
MsBella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2015 at 2:28pm
@Miss B I blowed it out and flat ironed it!
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2015 at 4:50pm
Beautiful curls .
sarah1987 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarah1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2015 at 10:35pm
it's soooooo pretty lol ~
sarah1987 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarah1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2015 at 10:37pm
can i have the link please? thanks
Flaca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Flaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2015 at 3:36pm
Looks great. Can you come wand curl my hair? Lol, you did that. The customer service and deadline crunch is too big of a headache for me. I was getting antsy just READIN your review, lol. Hopefully she gets it together because she seems to have a decent product...just gotta get it to people in a timely manner if you're gonna be chargin prices like companies with similar quality and better service. 
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2015 at 4:19pm
I like it better wand curled than in its natural state but the pricetag, I just can't and Im not even cheap.

spencer4hire View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spencer4hire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2015 at 6:53am
I love the wand curls!!!        Time for new hair so I was thinking about a KC that I could straighten......They need a SALE.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic