Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - father ordered to jail for overpayment of child
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

father ordered to jail for overpayment of child

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
fckwitmeuknoigotit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fckwitmeuknoigotit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: father ordered to jail for overpayment of child
    Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 4:43pm
father ordered to jail for overpayment of child support and over-visiting his child!!!Angry video to this story is in the link below, tbh.

HOUSTON (FOX 26) -

Clifford Hall says he's more than happy to pay child support for his 11-year-old son.

"I'm his father it's my responsibility to take care of him," Hall says.

But Hall says when the amount of child support was modified no one told him.

"I discovered for some reason his employer was withholding a large amount some weeks a small amount some weeks a zero amount some weeks," says Hall's attorney Tyesha Elam.

"I didn't want to go to jail basically," Hall says.

So Hall quickly paid almost 3 grand in back child support.

When Hall and his ex were in Judge Lisa Millard's court last November he owed nothing.

"Opposing counsel testified twice that he's all paid up," says Elam.

But the attorney representing the child's mother wanted Hall to pay her three grand in attorney fees and Judge Millard agreed.

Court documents also reveal Hall wasn't following the court's scheduled times to pick his son up for visitation.

Another modification Hall says he knew nothing about.

"The Judge ended up sentencing him to 6 months in jail." Elam says.

"When she said I remand you to the Harris County Jail for 180 days my mouth just dropped," says Hall.

"This entire situation is shocking to me," says community activist Quanell X. "I've never seen one like this."

Quanell X wants the state's judicial board to investigate.

"The court failed the child," he says. "The court failed Mr. Hall the system broke down."

"I'm like he couldn't have gotten a worse result," Elam says. "He could have gone in there with a monkey and gotten a better result. What did I do that my client has over paid over visited and is now paying 3 thousand dollars in attorney fees and is going to jail for 6 months."

"I can't be there for my son in jail," Hall says. "I can't pay child support in jail. This is not in the best interest of the child."

Judge Millard tells Fox 26 after she found Hall in contempt he walked out of the courtroom which she says is a big no no.

Judge Millard says Hall's attorney could have filed a motion for reconsideration which would have given her an opportunity to hear from both sides again and reevaluate the situation.

Hall's attorney is now working on an appeal.

Hall says in a few days he will turn himself in to the jail.

Sponsored Links

niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 4:45pm
The hell?! Atleast he's trying to see his child and take care of him yet he's still being punished.
GG View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote GG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 4:56pm
Some of these judges need to get off the bench.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 5:02pm
i understand why courts send black males to jail but why is the mother?
cvzx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cvzx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

Some of these judges need to get off the bench.

Or atleast reminded that we are paying attention to their actions. Smh. This judge and decision is very disheartening
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 5:06pm
Guys...I'ma tell ya'll mofos right neh just one time...

DON'T HAVE NO PICKNY IF YOU AIN'T READY!

This isn't a game, and if you have a kid with the wrong chick/have a kid at the wrong time/have a kid when you don't really want one, it's yo ass.
cvzx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cvzx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

Guys...I'ma tell ya'll mofos right neh just one time...

DON'T HAVE NO PICKNY IF YOU AIN'T READY!

This isn't a game, and if you have a kid with the wrong chick/have a kid at the wrong time/have a kid when you don't really want one, it's yo ass.
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 6:33pm
Some of these shady judges have too much power and they need to be checked, often.

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 6:44pm
That judge needs to go before some type of committee. That's seriously abusing your power. The dad was probably rightfully upset about her idiotic rulings when he walked out and she used the whole contempt of court excuse to punish him further. His lawyer is either incompetent or didn't give a shyt
Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 6:47pm
You can't win
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System