Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Father asks that no black nurses treat his child
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Father asks that no black nurses treat his child

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 4:58pm
The nurse did right to sue. As long as someone is qualified a customer should not have the right to dictate based on color who will provide care for them or not. If it were this important he should of made arrangements with another hospital. Racists people and picky people do this all the time, make arrangements so they do not cause any alarm about their racism. They do it on the sly. Hospital patient relationship is a two way street. And no the customer is not always right, sometimes they are wrong and need to go elsewhere. Folks are getting out of hand just because they are mad we have a black president, AGAIN! They are like, "What he won again?" Certain people are mad...I hope the nurse wins and an example made.
Sponsored Links

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 5:55pm
slippery slope, 
you start doing it with the nurses, then it's doctors, etc..
they can take the baby home and hire a private staff of whoever they want.
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 6:00pm
Sickening...he better hope his baby don't code and a black nurse who will grant his wishes is there by herself
SweetNovember* View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 6:04pm
This isn't right. Next they're going to try to justify not hiring black nurses because of requests such as these.

And there's no precedent for this. Even in housing you can request a roommate of the same sex but only if you're going to be sharing a bathroom. But you can never request a specific race.
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 6:24pm
If that is the case, all doctors should be required to perform abortions regardless of their religious beliefs

Religious hospitals and schools should provide the same type of care. & gays should be able to get married at all the churches they want.
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (15) Thanks(15)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

If that is the case, all doctors should be required to perform abortions regardless of their religious beliefs

Religious hospitals and schools should provide the same type of care. & gays should be able to get married at all the churches they want.

You just made a huge leap in logic. Refusing to perform a service across the board is not the same as refusing it for certain people. That hospital isn't a religious institution and racism isn't a religion.

Likewise, you can't go to Olive Garden and request a white server just like you can't go and demand they serve you ribs.
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

You just made a huge leap in logic. Refusing to perform a service across the board is not the same as refusing it for certain people. That hospital isn't a religious institution and racism isn't a religion.

Likewise, you can't go to Olive Garden and request a white server just like you can't go and demand they serve you ribs.
You can request whatever server you want. It is refusing it for certain people...women.

It's all bigotry and you just chose to be another type of bigot.
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 6:52pm
I see, it's only okay to be a bigot when it doesn't involve racism.
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 6:53pm

I see, it's only okay to be a bigot when it doesn't involve racism.

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about but okay.
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 6:58pm
I can refuse care because of my own personal beliefs. I'm a doctor

I can't choose the people I want to care for me or my family, because of my own personal beliefs. I'm a patient.

I am paying for a service...I'm a patient.

I am getting paid by the patient. I'm doctor.

gtfo..., but I can chose gender, for what ever reason. I wish someone would tell me how I want to spend my money.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
  Share Topic