Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'Fat girls' written on restaurant receipt.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 5:19pm
Nuh-uh Skittles! *Sips tea*LOL
Sponsored Links

Babydoll9163 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babydoll9163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 5:27pm
CC this is the season of giving. Bestow your ratcheticity upon us please.
teendiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote teendiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 6:02pm
It's sad people can't go to a restaraunt without being made fun of. I'm more upset with the cashier, than the fat girls' feelings. I feel like people going especially hard to defend obesity are probably taking it personal. And they probably make fun of women all the time but suddenly being fat may be a thyroid problem or really really hard. It's ironic because of all the physical traits to judge soneone on, fattiness seems valid. It tells about a person's self discipline, lifestyle, etc. But the point is the ladies didn't ask for his opinion, and his job is to be polite to them but I guess that's too much to ask.
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by teendiva teendiva wrote:

It's sad people can't go to a restaraunt without being made fun of. I'm more upset with the cashier, than the fat girls' feelings. I feel like people going especially hard to defend obesity are probably taking it personal. And they probably make fun of women all the time but suddenly being fat may be a thyroid problem or really really hard. It's ironic because of all the physical traits to judge soneone on, fattiness seems valid. It tells about a person's self discipline, lifestyle, etc. But the point is the ladies didn't ask for his opinion, and his job is to be polite to them but I guess that's too much to ask.

I dont think anyone has defended obesity. They were defending these women's right to go to an establishment and not be disrespected. They were defending these women's right to be hurt about said disrespect. They allowed these women to keep their humanity despite their extra pounds. 
teendiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote teendiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

I dont think anyone has defended obesity. They were defending these women's right to go to an establishment and not be disrespected. They were defending these women's right to be hurt about said disrespect. They allowed these women to keep their humanity despite their extra pounds. 

I didn't read most of the thread, but saying they might have a thyroid problem or that losing weight is difficult sounds like defending imo.
macyscorner View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote macyscorner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

I think it is immature to limit the concern in this thread to, "Oh you're mad, because you're fat." Really? Basically empathy isn't a human trait anymore? You know, it is ok to acknowledge that other people have feelings and those feelings should be considered, no matter how they look or what they weigh. Since they were fat, they couldn't be mad? You guys slay me. I wish it was my receipt, so I could sue.

everyone who defended these ladies are mad, fat blimps. roaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 6:36pm

Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

I didn't read most of the thread, but saying they might have a thyroid problem or that losing weight is difficult sounds like defending imo.

Is it not hard, though? 

Nobody has said, "obesity is where it's at!" Why cant people go on about their business without others pretending like they care about their health? WIth people saying things to the effect of "if they were skinny, this wouldnt have happened," or "so what? they're fat!" I still see the mentioned comments falling under the defence of the women. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Nuh-uh Skittles! *Sips tea*LOL

Whai???CryCryCry
Babydoll9163 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babydoll9163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 6:39pm

I don't see that as defending obesity. Those posts were basically telling people it's not up to you to decide why these women are obese or if they have place to be mad.

Not defending obesity but defending the right to not have to defend obesity if that makes sense.

teendiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teendiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 7:04pm
@Skittles, I don't understand your post. If "it" is losing weight, yeah it's hard, that's why we congratulate people on weight loss. It is still defending though, so yeah. I would not say "losing weight is hard," I said the cashier was rude and out of line. I feel there is a difference, although a small one.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031>