Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'Fat girls' written on restaurant receipt.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 31>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Chantal34 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chantal34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:51am
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

clc told the gotdamn truth all in this thread

it's always funny...when it's not you
Sponsored Links

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:54am

fact is it is more acceptable to make fun of, humiliate, and/or disrespect certain groups
solo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote solo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:56am
These women have every right to be mad...most of us never said they didn't.
What most of us are talking about here is the notion that it is not okay to laugh. And the countless examples of things we "shouldn't find funny" in here. When the reality is things that are a lot more offensive are found funny here on a daily basis.

Edited by solo - Dec 09 2012 at 11:02am
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:59am
Originally posted by solo solo wrote:

These woman have every right to be mad...most of us never said they didn't.
What most of us are talking about here is the notion that it is not okay to laugh. And the countless examples of things we "shouldn't find funny" in here. When the reality is things that are a lot more offensive are found funny here on a daily basis.

true
solo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

I get tired of the sensitivity toward to topic of weight too but this isn't that

These ladies didn't go to a comedy show to hear "jokes", they went to a restaurant to be served not disrespected

Yall are forgetting that this was a work place for the offenders

This will probably offend someone but I hate when people act like fat jokes are the lowest of low when it's still something you can change. There are people with serious body deformities, skin color disorders, speech impediments, mental disorders and etc that get teased and can never do anything about it. Even a 5 2 guy with a hard Napoleon complex whose bothers and sisters are all 5 10 and up... Can't change his height.
I hope there is no one in here that says we have no right to find this funny that made joe sun jokes.

It's all true. But why is it unacceptable to laugh at this but acceptable to make double digit threads making fun of Joe Sun's handicap?

The argument that we can't find what happened funny annoys me because so much of TTT's laughter has come at the expense of others or laughing at things that are offensive.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 11:01am
oh. i was wondering what the debate was really about here. cause i was like surely they have to know that some jackass tippy typing this on these ladies receipt they are expected to actually pay is f*cked up beyond f*cked up even if it did produce a few chuckles...
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 11:02am
I didn't know that was your guys argument. I agree that people have a right to laugh at whatever they want. On certain topics I will judge them for laughing, But they still carry that right.

From what I read I heard the argument: they shouldn't be mad because fat is something they can change easily.

Edited by _ConcreteRose_ - Dec 09 2012 at 11:03am
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 11:03am
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

I didn't know that was your guys argument. I agree that people have a right to laugh at whatever they want. On certain topics I will judge them for laughing, But they still carry that right.

From what I read I heard the argument, they shouldn't be mad because fat is something they can change easily.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 11:03am
no. most didn't come out and say that they didn't have the right to be mad but most are dismissive of their feelings which to me translates as "why u mad? u fat so....".

I laugh at offensive jokes.  I even laughed and laughed hard in a joesun thread where someone posted a flaming wheelchair.   However, if joesun were at a restaurant and he were insulted i would not have laughed.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 11:04am
I'm not in that argument

I only stated that this situation was disrespectful and unprofessional
If yall find that funny then so be it but don't defend the actions of the server just b/c it was funny to you

It's all true. But why is it unacceptable to laugh at this but acceptable to make double digit threads making fun of Joe Sun's handicap?

The argument that we can't find what happened funny annoys me because so much of TTT's laughter has come at the expense of others or laughing at things that are offensive.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 31>
  Share Topic