Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'Fat girls' written on restaurant receipt.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 31>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (19) Thanks(19)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:02am
clc told the gotdamn truth all in this thread

it's always funny...when it's not you
Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:04am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

BHM capes for fat women?

yeah...usually. i've seen threads where folks are pro-fat.  Usually involves JHud or Gabourey.

i've gotten my ass handed to me before for saying that most fat girls can't pull quality dudes.
BoutThatLife View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoutThatLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:05am
That's messed up.the restaurant should have gave them free gift cards and covered their next 5 meals
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:05am

Originally posted by leftywefty leftywefty wrote:

Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

Black girls,  if written on a receipt is discriminatory? what about white girls? or old ladies?  How do we decide what is a descriptor and what is a slur

I don't disagree that what was written on the receipt was offensive and wrong, I just don't think it should be compared to say had they written n!gg@

I think that lessens how offensive the term n!gg@ actually is, given the history etc.

N!gg@ is an offensive term for black people... there are lots of offensive words for fat people, none of which were used.

are you really going to act like "fat" doesn't have a negative connotation...

I don't know whether people are playing dumb to save face, or are genuinely this socially inept.

playing dumb I guess to save face

just embrace your inner asshole and say I get some jollies out of fat jokes

could have saved this thread 9 pages
solo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote solo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:08am
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

<div style=": rgb255, 255, 255; margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; ">clc told the gotdamn truth all in this thread

it's always funny...when it's not you

I think it really depends on who you are. And like RandomThoughts said...are we really agreeing that nothing offensive is funny? There are other damaging things to be teased about than being fat that other people have learned to shake off.
BoutThatLife View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote BoutThatLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:08am

BHM capes for fat women?

Bhm does the most for fat women!
I got banned after making a precious thread.so yes as a whole many of y'all are extremely over sensitive to the plight of the obese
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:12am
i get making fat jokes, but that was mega rude. like seriously?
that was offensive. 

i mean, if you find offensive things funny, then by all means laugh at prejudice acts. 
but i know. I KNOW, if it were some white people who wrote darkies on a receipt, you guys would have been calling lawyers for them. 

but bhm is a bowlful of hypocrites. 
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:12am
I'm slim with a nice booty. So I can't relate. .

And wasn't there that saga of threads where ppl were going in on bloggers for saying they were a certain dress size and everyone was like "hayelll nawll u aint no size 10 heaux!".

BHM never forgets
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:14am

Race and weight are definitely not the same.

apples and oranges

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:15am
Originally posted by solo solo wrote:

The most is being done here. Certain topics are more sensitive to joke about than others. You can joke about tall people, short people, skinny people etc. but you can never, ever ever joke about fat people or you will be crucified and sent to the pits of hell.

lol
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System