Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fasting?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Not that OP is obligated to be detailed, but OP was vague about her reasons other than saying it was "for her health" which leads me to believe this may not be done for legitimate reasons. There is nothing healthy about putting your body into starvation mode through the deprivation of food and nutrition. Her body needs fuel.
Your body won't go into starvation mode in 3 days, let alone a week. It takes a lot longer than that time actually. Your body will feed off of its fat and vitamin reserves until they are depleted.
Sponsored Links

_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by ImThatDiva ImThatDiva wrote:

Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

There is nothing healthy about fasting.
Negative. It depends on how long one is doing it and how and their current state of being. Fasting can be very beneficial despite the negative connotation from people who aren't educated on it. People in many cultures fast regularly w/benefits.
this.
hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 10:28pm
I want to try intermittent fasting
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 12:32am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avG_zIjoTto
this Dr. has a whole series on Fasting: Great tips.... good luck and becareful with thoes green smoothies thier is a risk of oxalate overdose so vary your greens!!!! I am all for juice fasting I need more Dicipline
Beautiful_One View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Beautiful_One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 1:00am
I fast before I do my low carb low fat, high protein diet. I water fast for three days to get rid of my cravings for sweet and salty foods. Works for me. Everyone is different.
browneyez4548 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browneyez4548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 1:15am
Can you still work out while fasting, or is that too much?
iluvmihair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iluvmihair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 4:00am
I fast for religious reasons. It makes it easier that way to me, because when I fast for personal reasons, I almost always fail. I agree with the poster F8 who said you can fast other things as well. One thing I like to tell myself is that it's only temporary. And the benefits are great!

Edited by iluvmihair - May 05 2013 at 4:01am
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 8:31am
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Carmensworld Carmensworld wrote:

Anybody have any experience with fasting? Im doing a three day  fast and today was my first day.I did cheat and eat two grapes today but I figured it was ok since they are about 90% water.It's been a really hard day since I have roasted chicken in the fridge and brownies in the kitchen. I will incorporate green smoothies tmrw then eat solid fruit on the third day. If anyone has had some experience with this please lend some advice Thumbs Up.

Fasting is a very good practice to start. I'd recommend looking into the extensive research that has been done explaining the health benefits of fasting.

I've been fasting since a kid (spiritual reasons) and it's something I try to incorporate into my diet. 

The biggest thing that I've learn is to drink a lot of water. I had to learn the hard way that your body responds to dehydration similar to how it responds to a hangover = no bueno. Stay hydrated (check the color of your urine to ensure hydration) and keep a water bottle with you handy, especially if you are fasting in the warmer months. 

What is the reason for your fast? 

I've done different types of fasting:  no drink/food, juicing detox fasting, etc. 

Have you tried eating dates? When we (Muslims) fast, we usually will end our fast by eating dates. Studies show that dates contain and replenish the same minerals, vitamins, and sugars that our body loses during fasting. 

HaitianLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 9:12am
i do IF fasting. 16/8- i fast for 16 hours and eat for 8. usually eat from 7:30 am to 3:30pm. I do it for weight loss reasons

Edited by HaitianLuv - May 05 2013 at 9:13am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System