Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Fasting?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Carmensworld View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmensworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fasting?
    Posted: May 04 2013 at 8:53pm
Anybody have any experience with fasting? Im doing a three day  fast and today was my first day.I did cheat and eat two grapes today but I figured it was ok since they are about 90% water.It's been a really hard day since I have roasted chicken in the fridge and brownies in the kitchen. I will incorporate green smoothies tmrw then eat solid fruit on the third day. If anyone has had some experience with this please lend some advice Thumbs Up.
Sponsored Links

f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Carmensworld Carmensworld wrote:

Anybody have any experience with fasting? Im doing a three day  fast and today was my first day.I did cheat and eat two grapes today but I figured it was ok since they are about 90% water.It's been a really hard day since I have roasted chicken in the fridge and brownies in the kitchen. I will incorporate green smoothies tmrw then eat solid fruit on the third day. If anyone has had some experience with this please lend some advice Thumbs Up.

LOL

there are many types of fastings btw. One can fast w/ veggies only, fruits only both or water/tea only. You can fast because of a reilgous tradition, for medical reasons or personal reasons. Like if you talk too much, have a quiet day fast, watch tv/online too much fast from that. Some people fast and mediate and so on and so forth. When I fast I usually fast for a purporse, because me and Mr. Food, we got a thing goingStern Smile

Carmensworld View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmensworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Originally posted by Carmensworld Carmensworld wrote:

LOL

there are many types of fastings btw. One can fast w/ veggies only, fruits only both or water/tea only. You can fast because of a reilgous tradition, for medical reasons or personal reasons. Like if you talk too much, have a quiet day fast, watch tv/online too much fast from that. Some people fast and mediate and so on and so forth. When I fast I usually fast for a purporse, because me and Mr. Food, we got a thing goingStern Smile

I know. Im doing this one for my health...What I really need to do is fast bhm lol.My first day (today) is just water and tea.It more of an emotional and psychological struggle than I thought It would be.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 9:07pm
There is nothing healthy about fasting.
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

lol... I never said it was though, but people may have to do for medical reasons.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 9:12pm
Not that OP is obligated to be detailed, but OP was vague about her reasons other than saying it was "for her health" which leads me to believe this may not be done for legitimate reasons. There is nothing healthy about putting your body into starvation mode through the deprivation of food and nutrition. Her body needs fuel.
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 9:32pm
i fasted on thursday. i fast for religious reasons though
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 10:01pm
just completed the master cleanse 10 days. made it easier cause when i tried the first time i only made it to 2 days then i read the book and thought i should give it another try. you just have to stay focused cause you know why you're doing it.
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by *Belle*Femme* *Belle*Femme* wrote:

i fasted on thursday. i fast for religious reasons though

Other than medically advised, this is the only reason I fast.
OP stay hydrated. Speaking for myself; the temptation lessens after the first day ends because I find myself not wanting to disregard the sacrifice for food.
Plan your days, leave very little down time and keep the confidence up.
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Negative. It depends on how long one is doing it and how and their current state of being. Fasting can be very beneficial despite the negative connotation from people who aren't educated on it. People in many cultures fast regularly w/benefits.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic