Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Keep IT REAL!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fashion Statement or Self-Hatred? Blonde n blueyed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fashion Statement or Self-Hatred? Blonde n blueyed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AshleysMom View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AshleysMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fashion Statement or Self-Hatred? Blonde n blueyed
    Posted: Jan 01 2012 at 8:25pm
Do you think that looking like a clown with a blonde wig and blue contact lenses is a fashion statement or a sign of self-hatred where deep in your psyche you wish you were white.  Maybe it's a need for attention, such as when you dress in a very revealing manner, for shock value ( or because you don't think you can turn heads without shock value).

Well, on some people, it make look nice, but when you have thick african features... it looks ridiculous to me.   Ya look like a damned CLOWN.  It's an embarrassment.   There is a difference between risky fashion and self hate.   When you wear your make up too damned ashy,  you wear blue contacts and blonde hair that clashes with your skin tone, your thick, wide African features scream for color and texture, yet you choose SILKY and SHINY.

No matter how hard you wish, no matter how much you paint over your beautiful dark skin and cover your kinky hair with silky, shiny european textures... no matter how many pennies you throw into the wishing well,  THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN
makeup for blue eyes image

People will look at you and turn their head because you look more like a RODEO CLOWN   

Click for a larger view

END OF RANT
Sponsored Links

Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2012 at 10:28pm
but if that person is happy with blonde hair and blue eyes...why are you so upset about it? i mean ppl experiment with different looks and thangs all the time lol. if its not you lookin ashy with blue eyes..its all good. i dont know maybe cause my hair has been all the colors of the rainbow(i was and sometimes still am such a rocker)...i feel like everybody need to express themselves.

i just dont think its always self hate...unless they come out and say it. lol its just so weird, i never see this in real life...just only read about it on this site..is this someone you know personally or just random ppl in the street? and why you look so angry in that pic, girl smile Big smile
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2012 at 6:48am
I wear turquoise contacts. Cause I'm legit blind. So I like experimenting with colors. I've had green and hazel too.

I want blonde hair on my head. Because I just retired some crazy orange and pink and now I'm missing my blonde. But I don't want platinum. I want a pretty honey blonde

*scraping pennies for my next LW*
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2012 at 3:15pm
i have turquoise contacts. but they look like some beautiful green...(or so everyone on bhm told me when they got angry LOL) plus i had on a green wig love that hair. i just retired my purple hairCry. hmmm never had orange before...i want.Evil Smile

never had a lace front maybe i will buy one and dye it. omgosh i am so goin shoppin.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AshleysMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2012 at 3:23pm
There is someone I had in mind when I vented, however it's not directed at any recent poster.  " It would be foolish of me to strong assumptions  based off of one photo."   (clears throat).    There is a list of things that I have observed over time that makes me sure that some people who do this actually wish they were white and are ashamed of their african qualities.     It's actually quite disgusting and if I listed all the evidence then you would see where I was coming from.   

I understand a youngsters need for attention.  I understand those who want to be like Nicki  ( in my era, it was lil Kim and Punk),  with all the crazy hair and contact lenses.  It's fun!  I get it.   Obviously it's not a natural look.  I understand Emo and the Vampire movement.... I get all of that.  Some of it looks great!   But, when you are 30 something... maybe one should at least consider basic rules of color matching or risk looking like an old fool.  Furthermore, why would you intentionally subtract from your beauty and make yourself appear less attractive instead of grabbing all the sexy points you can get. 

If you think that self-hatred based on white supremacy is a figment of my imagination, think again.

This is the KIR section where you speak your mind but remain respectful, right?   REAL FRIENDS DO NOT ALLOW FRIENDS TO LOOK LIKE RODEO CLOWNS.  

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AshleysMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2012 at 3:24pm
Why can't I correct my grammatical errors?  What's up with the inability to edit?   I hope you can understand that...lol  EEEK!
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2012 at 5:09pm
i get what you're saying. and no i wasnt assuming youre an angry person by your photo. lol. and i didnt think you were talkin about any poster here... wasnt tryna disrespect was just respondin to the thread...

im just sayin if your friend thinks they look sexy let'em. if you tell them they look like a rodeo clown and they keep on then hey let it go. folks gon' do what they want anyhow. lol speakin of which i dont know whats goin on with the old ladies...and i mean 40 and up..is it a rinse they have for the gray hair or is it they're all just dying their hair weird colors? i've
seen this color this color and this. it might not be sexy to you, but they might love it so just let'em be. uh you can vent all you want. lol. the thread was here, so i replied lol. and yeah you cant edit your post after a while is stupid.
starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2012 at 2:39pm
I don't see anything wrong with people I guess we are refering to African American woman wearing blonde hair, colored contacts or what ever. I have worn a blonde combo before and while I have never worn blue contacts, I have worn hazel, green, gray and dare I saw violet contacts (lol what was I thinking with those violet eyes LOL). I think people like experimenting with different colors. I have never personlly wished I were a different racethen my own and I can't imagine the other people I see out there in world think that same way. Now I know the OP was referring to woman, but what about men that like to wear contacts and have blonde hair and stuff? And I am not just referring to homosexual men but your football love straight dude. 
starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2012 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by AshleysMom AshleysMom wrote:

Why can't I correct my grammatical errors?  What's up with the inability to edit?   I hope you can understand that...lol  EEEK!

LOL having the same issue with my post, but I am sure people will get it
innovativelace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote innovativelace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2012 at 3:17pm
not sure if its self hatred, some folks just make very bad beauty and fashion decisions. Everything doesn't look good on everybody and alot of women (both white and black) should realize that.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style